- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
You can now add Pusheen directly to your Facebook photos
News of the year.
You probably woke up and thought this was a normal day. You had coffee, put some pants on, went to work, the usual stuff. But you, my friend, were deeply mistaken. In Facebook’s most earth-shattering news since the Great Stickers in Comments Update of 2014, the social network will allow users to add stickers to photos right from the main Facebook app.
Yes, you heard that right. You can take a selfie and add Pusheen nomming on a tiny doughnut right next to you, just like you guys are hanging out.
If you need to sit down, we don’t blame you. Facebook’s newest sticker update will roll out soon to both Android and iOS users, inviting you to add a sticker (or many, many stickers) to a photo before uploading it via the mobile app.
Something akin to this had previously been possible with Stickered for Messenger, an app under the wing of Facebook’s Creative Labs. By now, everyone is sick to death of making room for new spin-off Facebook apps, so we’re happy to see the company enhancing a well-loved feature within its core mobile experience for a change.
If you need us, we’ll be plastering our pictures with Pusheens. If you need to plan your sticker game in advance, we recommend our comprehensive ranking of the best Facebook stickers ever to grace the social network.
Screengrab via Facebook
Taylor Hatmaker has reported on the tech industry for nearly a decade, covering privacy and government. Most recently, she was the Debug editor of the Daily Dot. Prior to that, she was a staff writer and deputy editor at ReadWrite, a tech and business reporter for Yahoo News, and the senior editor of Tecca. Her editorial interests include censorship, digital activism, LGBTQ issues, and futurist consumer tech.