- Pro-Trump subreddit quarantined over violent threats in support of Oregon Republicans 5 Years Ago
- Woman who live streamed a police officer’s shooting is receiving death threats 5 Years Ago
- Pre-Prime Day deals you don’t want to miss 5 Years Ago
- Dana Loesch out at NRATV; ‘thoughts and prayers’ for her career are in Today 12:33 PM
- Trump’s rant about Megan Rapinoe devolves into treatise about PC culture in the NBA Today 10:41 AM
- Is Millie Bobby Brown joining the MCU? Today 10:39 AM
- Hundreds of thousands demand that Etika’s previously deleted YouTube channel be restored Today 10:18 AM
- Eric Trump says cocktail waitress spit on him in Chicago bar Today 9:47 AM
- Maine governor signs net neutrality bill into law Today 9:07 AM
- How the QAnon movement continues without its messenger Today 8:26 AM
- 6 best Korean beauty products for summer Today 8:17 AM
- ‘The Office’ is leaving Netflix in 2021 Today 7:46 AM
- How to install the iOS 13 beta and test out its best new features Today 7:42 AM
- Swipe This! I want my boyfriend to text me everyday. Is that crazy? Today 7:30 AM
- Why every 2020 Democrat is canceled Today 7:01 AM
Fun fact: My cat is BFFAEAE with Vice President Biden.
Love taking selfies, but think they need a bit more swag? Want to see yourself in a diamond-encrusted trucker hat that says #YOLO or your face in Ellen DeGeneres’s famous Oscar group selfie? Well, first of all, you’re probably an idiot, and second of all, you should download Doublie, an app that lets you embellish your selfies with photos of celebrities, accessories, and memes your mom probably wouldn’t understand.
Doublie is essentially an app that provides a gallery of celebrity and pop culture overlays for you to trick out your selfies with, so if you have an exceptionally gullible 7-year-old cousin, you can edit your photos to make it look like you’re at the Oscars with J-Law or partying with Drake. You can also edit the quality of your selfie within the app and share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Because I am over the age of 14, and thus don’t take a lot of selfies, I didn’t quite see the appeal of Doublie at first. So I decided to try it using photos of my own cat, Thundercat. Unfortunately, I could only figure out how to put one overlay on each photo at a time, but these were some of the results:
Thundercat with a Directioner (Lewis? Zayn? Niall? Whichever one didn’t date Taylor Swift):
Thundercat being ridden by shirtless Putin (who has not, to my knowledge, dated Taylor Swift):
Thundercat in a mesh tank top, which I found under the “Ratchet” accessory category:
OK, I get it now. I see the apeal. Thanks, Doublie!
Screengrab via Doublie
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.