- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
It’s a Christmas miracle!
If you’re at your parents’ house for the holidays, you’ll hopefully be chilling on the couch in your pajamas, sending snap stories to all your friends scattered throughout the country on Christmas. There’s only so much eggnog you can drink before things start to get weird.
To make the holidays a little more merry and bright, Snapchat is coming out with dog lenses so you and Rover can see who looks cuter as a slice of pizza.
Much like Snapchat’s cat lenses, which launched in October, the lenses let you put photo filters on your canine companion, just as you would add flourish to a selfie or cute effects to a snap story.
The new lenses include pizza faces and reindeer antlers, according to a press release from Snapchat, and launch on Dec. 24—just in time for Christmas.
Snapchat is starting with a limited number of lenses but expects more to be available soon. Cat lenses include glasses, flower crowns, and, paradoxically, dog faces. Additional dog lenses will likely be similar.
If you can get Fido to sit, you can use the lenses; all you have to do is open the app, tap at the bottom to show the lenses, and scroll through to choose the right one for you and your favorite good boy or girl. Hover the screen over your dog’s face to get the lense to show up, and get to snapping.
The facial-recognition technology used for the cat lenses already works on some dog breeds, so Snapchat’s dog lenses likely use that technology or a derivative of some sort.
The best Christmas present this year? All the cute doggie pics you’re sure to get.
- The best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions
- The ultimate guide to Snapchat flirting
- How to unblock someone on Snapchat
- Snapchat Trophies: How to get them and what they mean
Ellen Ioanes is the FOIA reporter at the Daily Dot, where she covers U.S. politics. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared in the Guardian, the Center for Public Integrity, HuffPost India, and more.