- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb 10 Months Ago
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation 10 Months Ago
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Today 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Today 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Today 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Today 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Today 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Today 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Today 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture Today 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Today 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Today 12:01 PM
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
- PSAT memes are back! This year on TikTok and amid College Board crackdown Today 11:20 AM
If you’re at your parents’ house for the holidays, you’ll hopefully be chilling on the couch in your pajamas, sending snap stories to all your friends scattered throughout the country on Christmas. There’s only so much eggnog you can drink before things start to get weird.
To make the holidays a little more merry and bright, Snapchat is coming out with dog lenses so you and Rover can see who looks cuter as a slice of pizza.
Much like Snapchat’s cat lenses, which launched in October, the lenses let you put photo filters on your canine companion, just as you would add flourish to a selfie or cute effects to a snap story.
The new lenses include pizza faces and reindeer antlers, according to a press release from Snapchat, and launch on Dec. 24—just in time for Christmas.
Snapchat is starting with a limited number of lenses but expects more to be available soon. Cat lenses include glasses, flower crowns, and, paradoxically, dog faces. Additional dog lenses will likely be similar.
If you can get Fido to sit, you can use the lenses; all you have to do is open the app, tap at the bottom to show the lenses, and scroll through to choose the right one for you and your favorite good boy or girl. Hover the screen over your dog’s face to get the lense to show up, and get to snapping.
The facial-recognition technology used for the cat lenses already works on some dog breeds, so Snapchat’s dog lenses likely use that technology or a derivative of some sort.
The best Christmas present this year? All the cute doggie pics you’re sure to get.
- The best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions
- The ultimate guide to Snapchat flirting
- How to unblock someone on Snapchat
- Snapchat Trophies: How to get them and what they mean
Ellen Ioanes is the FOIA reporter at the Daily Dot, where she covers U.S. politics. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared in the Guardian, the Center for Public Integrity, HuffPost India, and more.