- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
If you’re at your parents’ house for the holidays, you’ll hopefully be chilling on the couch in your pajamas, sending snap stories to all your friends scattered throughout the country on Christmas. There’s only so much eggnog you can drink before things start to get weird.
To make the holidays a little more merry and bright, Snapchat is coming out with dog lenses so you and Rover can see who looks cuter as a slice of pizza.
Much like Snapchat’s cat lenses, which launched in October, the lenses let you put photo filters on your canine companion, just as you would add flourish to a selfie or cute effects to a snap story.
The new lenses include pizza faces and reindeer antlers, according to a press release from Snapchat, and launch on Dec. 24—just in time for Christmas.
Snapchat is starting with a limited number of lenses but expects more to be available soon. Cat lenses include glasses, flower crowns, and, paradoxically, dog faces. Additional dog lenses will likely be similar.
If you can get Fido to sit, you can use the lenses; all you have to do is open the app, tap at the bottom to show the lenses, and scroll through to choose the right one for you and your favorite good boy or girl. Hover the screen over your dog’s face to get the lense to show up, and get to snapping.
The facial-recognition technology used for the cat lenses already works on some dog breeds, so Snapchat’s dog lenses likely use that technology or a derivative of some sort.
The best Christmas present this year? All the cute doggie pics you’re sure to get.
- The best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions
- The ultimate guide to Snapchat flirting
- How to unblock someone on Snapchat
- Snapchat Trophies: How to get them and what they mean
Ellen Ioanes is the FOIA reporter at the Daily Dot, where she covers U.S. politics. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared in the Guardian, the Center for Public Integrity, HuffPost India, and more.