- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest 3 Months Ago
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? 3 Months Ago
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
It’s a Christmas miracle!
If you’re at your parents’ house for the holidays, you’ll hopefully be chilling on the couch in your pajamas, sending snap stories to all your friends scattered throughout the country on Christmas. There’s only so much eggnog you can drink before things start to get weird.
To make the holidays a little more merry and bright, Snapchat is coming out with dog lenses so you and Rover can see who looks cuter as a slice of pizza.
Much like Snapchat’s cat lenses, which launched in October, the lenses let you put photo filters on your canine companion, just as you would add flourish to a selfie or cute effects to a snap story.
The new lenses include pizza faces and reindeer antlers, according to a press release from Snapchat, and launch on Dec. 24—just in time for Christmas.
Snapchat is starting with a limited number of lenses but expects more to be available soon. Cat lenses include glasses, flower crowns, and, paradoxically, dog faces. Additional dog lenses will likely be similar.
If you can get Fido to sit, you can use the lenses; all you have to do is open the app, tap at the bottom to show the lenses, and scroll through to choose the right one for you and your favorite good boy or girl. Hover the screen over your dog’s face to get the lense to show up, and get to snapping.
The facial-recognition technology used for the cat lenses already works on some dog breeds, so Snapchat’s dog lenses likely use that technology or a derivative of some sort.
The best Christmas present this year? All the cute doggie pics you’re sure to get.
- The best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions
- The ultimate guide to Snapchat flirting
- How to unblock someone on Snapchat
- Snapchat Trophies: How to get them and what they mean
Ellen Ioanes is the FOIA reporter at the Daily Dot, where she covers U.S. politics. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared in the Guardian, the Center for Public Integrity, HuffPost India, and more.