- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy 3 Years Ago
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
- Tan France and Alexa Chung are hosting Netflix’s first fashion show Friday 5:42 PM
- Nonprofit groups express concern with pop-up abortion networks Friday 5:06 PM
DJ Khaled got lost at sea on a jet ski and Snapchatted the entire adventure
You don’t want these problems.
You probably know DJ Khaled from his tendency to yell his name at the start of songs. You definitely don’t know him for his nautical navigation skills, which recently got the music producer lost at sea. While you don’t want those problems, Khaled made the most of the adventure by sharing it on Snapchat.
After partaking in a four course lunch at his home in Florida, the DJ decided that he was so blessed by the day that he should hop on his jet ski and take to the ocean. After “narrowly avoiding the police,” Khaled made a stop at his longtime collaborator Rick Ross’ house because he wants no new friends.
After a second lunch—which reportedly was “amazing”—Khaled hopped back on his jet ski to head home. On the return trip, Khaled drew the attention of the police, who don’t love him no more after previous run-ins. Khaled was fed up with dealing with the police, who just seemed to want to holla at him.
By the time Khaled, who was out there grinding, got back to navigating the seas, it was dark. Khaled reps his city, but in the dead of night he accidentally found himself going global as he started heading for into the wild blue.
The DJ, always set on keeping his audience happy, continued to send out Snaps of the entire experience. He provided commentary throughout, telling his fans, “It’s dark. It’s so dark. It’s so real out here right now,” and “This shit real out here, boy,”—a shout out to the real who knew what he was going through. At one point he said, “The only reason you see anything is because I got the flash on.”
Despite the predicament, Khaled never surrendered and even offered a bit of advice to others who might find themselves in a similar situation: “The key is not to drive the jet ski in the dark. It’s against the law at night, there’s that. This ain’t right.”
Truer words have never been spoken.
Thankfully, this story of ocean exploration has a happy ending—Khaled made it home. In a series of Snaps, he praised God for delivering him back to his dock while declaring, “We made it. Never said it was easy to win. Feels good to be back on the pathway to more success. Feels great. Lion!”
It seems all Khaled does is win, so check out his Snapchat-documented adventure below.
AJ Dellinger is a seasoned technology writer whose work has appeared in Digital Trends, International Business Times, and Newsweek. In 2018, he joined Gizmodo as the nights and weekend editor.