- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Today 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Today 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Today 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Today 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Today 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Today 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Today 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Today 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Today 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Today 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Today 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Today 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Today 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Today 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Today 9:19 AM
Emoji Blitz is a new mobile app that spruces up your device keyboard with your favorite characters from the Disney universe. However, rather than just outright giving you access to all the character sets–there are currently 33 available–the app lets you earn them by means of a fun and easy game.
Here’s how the game component works: After entering your age (I know, I’m old!), you can pick a Disney character emoji to use first—it instantly unlocks that emoji on your keyboard. Each one has a “power up” specific to their character:
Disney Emoji Blitz
The game is pretty much your basic Bejeweled clone: You have a minute to match three similar emoji in a row to gain points, and four emoji in a row to create a lightning cloud that will zap emoji in the same column or row when used on one next to it. Every point gained increases the power level of your main character emoji; once full, you can use it to clear more emoji. The further you get in the game, the more tricks you can learn to do to gain more points. Points give you coins, and coins let you unlock more Disney emoji. It’s that simple.
Disney Emoji Blitz
There are other things you can do in the game, like earn bonuses, collect Disney souvenirs, and of course, purchase stuff within the app to get further in the game or get access to more Disney emoji. You can also complete missions to level up and earn prizes.
To start using the Disney emoji in your messaging platforms, make sure you turn the keyboard on so it starts showing up under your “Change keyboard” choices. For Android devices, it’s under Settings>Language & keyboard>Current keyboard>Choose keyboards. You can also tap on the Settings icon within the app and it’ll lead you directly to your device’s menus where you can do all of the above. Once it’s enabled, you can go crazy sending out Disney characters to all your pals who love them as much as you do.
Disney Emoji Blitz
One thing to note: Emoji Blitz–which is available on both iOS and Android platforms–is purely an emoji keyboard. If you want to type a text message using the alphabet, you’d have to revert back to your previous keyboard. For any Disney diehard, however, having the option to converse in Ariel or Goofy heads is worth the tiny inconvenience.
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle
- Every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie and show missing from Disney+ (and when they’ll show up)
- Here’s everything we know about Disney+ so far
- The best movies and TV shows streaming on Disney+
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.