- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire 2 Years Ago
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction 2 Years Ago
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained 2 Years Ago
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night 2 Years Ago
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Today 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Today 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
- Facebook is experimenting with apps targeting teens Today 12:21 PM
- #LiveFromTheArea51Raid: Memes and highlights from the desert Today 12:06 PM
- Ready for Dark Mode? Here’s how to get it, and everything else in iOS 13 Today 11:41 AM
Learning a second language as an adult can be difficult without the right motivation. For some, inspiration comes in the form of wanting to better one’s self or to gain a new skill for a job. The tech/smut wunderkinds over at CamSoda think there’s another motivation no one else has thought to try yet: tapping into dudes’ hot-for-teacher fantasies.
CamSoda is launching Language Lessons today, the world’s first adult language-learning service. It’s basically the “that is correct” scene from Billy Madison taken to an extreme: Based on how much you pay and maybe how well you’re in your studies, the cam models will perform for the students.
Models set the cost, anywhere from $1 to $5 a minute, depending on what kind of show they’re providing. If you’re looking for more traditional cam model activities like sex acts, your cost will fluctuate. The model is in charge of the lesson plan, and you apparently work together to schedule a time for your private class.
CamSoda VP Darren Press said the idea where the idea came after realizing how many of the company’s performers were already bilingual. “We were hanging out with some Colombian models we have flown in for AVN (the Adult Video News awards), and while we were talking to them, it dawned on us” Here are these beautiful women who are bilingual, and a lot of guys would love to pick up a foreign language but also like to take models into private cam sessions. Why not combine the two?” he says. “It was such an organic idea we couldn’t believe no one had done it before.”
- The best porn and sexiest places on Reddit
- The 10 best gay porn sites on the internet
- The sexiest movies that somehow passed Netflix’s porn censors
At launch, most of the lessons offered are in Spanish, Romanian, English, French, and Russian, mainly due to the number of cam models who live overseas. More languages may be available in the future, depending on the program’s success and if there are models interested in “teaching.”
So what can you really expect to learn from one of these tutorials? Here’s one exchange from the company’s own promotional video between the student (playtime 21) and the teacher (alicegomez):
playtime21: You have very beautiful… ummm.. EYES!
playtime21: where are you from
playtime21: I am from New York!
alicegomez: very good!
This service appears like it’s little more than the introduction of a “translate” feature to your typical camming session. That’s fine—just don’t expect college credit or to suddenly become fluent in Spanish.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.