- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
Do you need a quick last-minute gift for a White Elephant gift exchange? You’re in luck because some of the best White Elephant are tech gifts.
Just in case you’ve never heard of a White Elephant gift exchange party, we’ll fill you in: Guests each bring a wrapped gift, and the whole party sits in a circle. Each guest chooses a gift to unwrap. As each person chooses a present, they can also choose to take a gift that has already been unwrapped by someone else, eliminating the surprise element of the exchange. Some White Elephant parties are about ditching crap gifts; others are about small surprise gifts that everyone will like, and fight over. We went that route: All of these tech-themed presents are so good, so your friends will be starting fights.
Most of these gifts are between $20 and $30, but if you go over your party’s “set” budget, who are we going to tell? Here’s our guide to the best White Elephant tech gifts.
Some of the best White Elephant tech gifts are iPhone accessories. Any iPhone photography enthusiast can step up their game with this budget version of the Olloclip. Change out the lens, snap on the clip, and you’re ready to go! Different lenses include macro and fisheye, making this the perfect starter kit for any beginner.
No one will ever be mad about getting a Bluetooth speaker out of a gift exchange. With 12-hour battery life, this speaker packs a punch for outdoor parties. If you’re not feeling the white version pictured here, there are black, blue, pink, and red models too!
This Bluetooth karaoke microphone has its own karaoke app and can double as a speaker. Once the gift exchange is over, your White Elephant party can be a karaoke party with a relatively quick and easy setup. With different audio settings, this mic can even autotune or create an echo. This is easily one of the best White Elephant tech gifts because it keeps the party going.
Gone are the days of flying model planes. Whether your gift exchange includes children or not, all ages can enjoy flying this mini drone. With three different speeds, the drone can accommodate any experience level. Its one-key return feature will have the drone zipping back to you with one press of a button, and it is capable of 360-degree stunts.
Is your party full of creatives? Then this digital drawing tablet is one of the best White Elephant tech gifts to bring because you’ll have guests them scrambling to claim it as their own. The Huion H420 Drawing Tablet is compatible with several drawing programs, such as Corel Painter, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as Comic Studio.
Brooke Sjoberg is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She is also the Daily Texan's Life and Arts Editor and an editorial intern for Texas Connect magazine.