- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
This iPhone gadget wakes you up with the smell of bacon
The Internet’s obsession with bacon is about to come back with a vengeance.
Remember when everyone on the Internet was obsessed with bacon, like, two or three years ago? Did you think that was over? Yeah, I did too. But apparently, wiener conglomerate Oscar Mayer didnt get the memo. They’ve just introduced Wake Up And Smell The Bacon, an alarm clock-esque device that lets you—literally—wake up and smell the bacon.
Here’s a (hilariously, unnecessarily high-budget) teaser:
It’s probably not necessary for you to know exactly how it works. How is chocolate so delicious? how is a flower so lovely? how are Jared Leto’s eyes so blue? Some things are so perfect you don’t need science to explain them.
But for the curious, we’ll explain: The gadget plugs into your iPhone and you activate it by entering the time you need to wake up on Oscar Mayer’s alarm clock companion app. When the alarm clock goes off, the device emits a few puffs of bacon scent, as well as the sound of crackling pig parts on the stove.
If you’re already frantically calling your local Wal-Mart to find out how you can purchase this device, we unfortunately have bad news for you: It’s not for sale. It’s only available as a prize to a contest on Oscar Mayer’s website, which asks you to fill out a survey and describe in three words how much you love Oscar Mayer’s bacon.
Although I’m of the opinion that Oscar Mayer’s meat products are kind of gross—is there a specific reason why they all smell and presumably taste like the seats on an elementary school bus?—I’m more than willing to pretend otherwise to get my hands on one of these babies. Here’s a draft of my three-word contest entry: “OMG F***ING BACON.”
H/T Yahoo! News | Screengrab via Oscar Mayer/YouTube
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.