- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Secret launches a new page for all of SXSW’s gossip
SXSW attendees are airing their private thoughts.
What’s the one thing techies love more than Secret, the new anonymous-ish, Whisper-esque sharing app that launched earlier this year? Secret at SXSW, a new page devoted to sharing gossip from the most happening tech conference south of the Mason Dixon line.
Launched just in time for SXSW 2014, Secret at SXSW is the destination for gossip-hungry startup bros who want to distract themselves from thinking about how much they have to pee during sessions.
Equal parts intimate (“I really miss my conference boyfriend from last year”), sordid (“I want a conference hookup at #sxsw so I don’t feel so alone when traveling for work”) and insider-y (“That thing Josh Constine and David Byttow mentioned about dominatrixes beating up CEOs in Silicon Valley? That is a real thing”), Secret at SXSW is like the CollegiateACB of South by Southwest, except with more breathless reports of celebrity encounters. Even if you don’t happen to be in Austin this weekend, or only have a passing interest in the tech world, it’s a pretty fun read.
Here are a few highlights:
Photo by Garry Knight/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.