- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Because fart jokes never get old, right?
In the early days of the iPhone, one of the most common App Store sights was a fart app sitting atop the best sellers list. Before big names like Angry Birds and Candy Crush took over, amateur developers were searching for anything that would sell, and humanity’s fascination with flatulence took over. Apple eventually decided we were all five, though, and outlawed the hilarity from the App Store.
Now, with Apple’s first smartwatch on the horizon, history seems to be repeating itself. That’s right: There’s already a fart app for the Apple Watch.
Fart Watch (yes, that is the app’s actual name) uses the Apple Watch as a sort of wireless fart button. Tap the touchscreen on your wrist and your iPhone will let one rip wherever it may be. Hiding your iPhone behind a loved one or under a friend’s seat in the movie theater will give you the power to shame them to whatever degree you see fit.
It’s the same concept behind the remote control whoopee cushion, and with literally hundreds of fart apps available for the iPhone (those that survived Apple’s purge, at least), having the first one ready to go for the Apple Watch launch is a surefire way to get some first-day downloads.
The developers describe it thusly:
Featuring a full suite of customizable options, the Fart Watch app will revolutionize fart sound delivery in a beautifully designed and intuitive interface.
The only real sticking point of the app is the fact that it requires you to basically leave your super expensive smartphone wherever you happen to want a fart to magically appear. That certainly limits its usefulness a little bit. But hey, anything for a good fart joke, right?
Photo via banjo d/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.