- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
The Apple Watch already has its first fart app
Because fart jokes never get old, right?
In the early days of the iPhone, one of the most common App Store sights was a fart app sitting atop the best sellers list. Before big names like Angry Birds and Candy Crush took over, amateur developers were searching for anything that would sell, and humanity’s fascination with flatulence took over. Apple eventually decided we were all five, though, and outlawed the hilarity from the App Store.
Now, with Apple’s first smartwatch on the horizon, history seems to be repeating itself. That’s right: There’s already a fart app for the Apple Watch.
Fart Watch (yes, that is the app’s actual name) uses the Apple Watch as a sort of wireless fart button. Tap the touchscreen on your wrist and your iPhone will let one rip wherever it may be. Hiding your iPhone behind a loved one or under a friend’s seat in the movie theater will give you the power to shame them to whatever degree you see fit.
It’s the same concept behind the remote control whoopee cushion, and with literally hundreds of fart apps available for the iPhone (those that survived Apple’s purge, at least), having the first one ready to go for the Apple Watch launch is a surefire way to get some first-day downloads.
The developers describe it thusly:
Featuring a full suite of customizable options, the Fart Watch app will revolutionize fart sound delivery in a beautifully designed and intuitive interface.
The only real sticking point of the app is the fact that it requires you to basically leave your super expensive smartphone wherever you happen to want a fart to magically appear. That certainly limits its usefulness a little bit. But hey, anything for a good fart joke, right?
Photo via banjo d/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.