- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Thursday 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Thursday 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Thursday 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Thursday 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Thursday 10:30 AM
Because fart jokes never get old, right?
In the early days of the iPhone, one of the most common App Store sights was a fart app sitting atop the best sellers list. Before big names like Angry Birds and Candy Crush took over, amateur developers were searching for anything that would sell, and humanity’s fascination with flatulence took over. Apple eventually decided we were all five, though, and outlawed the hilarity from the App Store.
Now, with Apple’s first smartwatch on the horizon, history seems to be repeating itself. That’s right: There’s already a fart app for the Apple Watch.
Fart Watch (yes, that is the app’s actual name) uses the Apple Watch as a sort of wireless fart button. Tap the touchscreen on your wrist and your iPhone will let one rip wherever it may be. Hiding your iPhone behind a loved one or under a friend’s seat in the movie theater will give you the power to shame them to whatever degree you see fit.
It’s the same concept behind the remote control whoopee cushion, and with literally hundreds of fart apps available for the iPhone (those that survived Apple’s purge, at least), having the first one ready to go for the Apple Watch launch is a surefire way to get some first-day downloads.
The developers describe it thusly:
Featuring a full suite of customizable options, the Fart Watch app will revolutionize fart sound delivery in a beautifully designed and intuitive interface.
The only real sticking point of the app is the fact that it requires you to basically leave your super expensive smartphone wherever you happen to want a fart to magically appear. That certainly limits its usefulness a little bit. But hey, anything for a good fart joke, right?
Photo via banjo d/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.