- Editor’s history of calling trans people ‘frauds’ shines light on Economist’s transphobic tweet 4 Years Ago
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters 4 Years Ago
- Man pleads guilty to stealing over $100 million from Facebook, Google Today 12:59 PM
- The Washington Post is under fire for a transphobic cartoon about the Mueller Report Today 12:33 PM
- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor Today 11:55 AM
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat Today 11:37 AM
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Today 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Today 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Today 9:58 AM
- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 Today 9:23 AM
- Trump demands networks blacklist these guests—including prominent Democrats Today 9:09 AM
- Bookworms! Now’s your chance to grab 3 months of Amazon Music for free Today 9:00 AM
- You can get paid $1,000 to binge-watch the first 20 Marvel movies Today 8:56 AM
- The ‘flat stomach’ meme has morphed into the ‘pregnant mom’ meme Today 8:43 AM
- Get 6 months free with this sweet Amazon Music Unlimited offer Today 8:30 AM
Because fart jokes never get old, right?
In the early days of the iPhone, one of the most common App Store sights was a fart app sitting atop the best sellers list. Before big names like Angry Birds and Candy Crush took over, amateur developers were searching for anything that would sell, and humanity’s fascination with flatulence took over. Apple eventually decided we were all five, though, and outlawed the hilarity from the App Store.
Now, with Apple’s first smartwatch on the horizon, history seems to be repeating itself. That’s right: There’s already a fart app for the Apple Watch.
Fart Watch (yes, that is the app’s actual name) uses the Apple Watch as a sort of wireless fart button. Tap the touchscreen on your wrist and your iPhone will let one rip wherever it may be. Hiding your iPhone behind a loved one or under a friend’s seat in the movie theater will give you the power to shame them to whatever degree you see fit.
It’s the same concept behind the remote control whoopee cushion, and with literally hundreds of fart apps available for the iPhone (those that survived Apple’s purge, at least), having the first one ready to go for the Apple Watch launch is a surefire way to get some first-day downloads.
The developers describe it thusly:
Featuring a full suite of customizable options, the Fart Watch app will revolutionize fart sound delivery in a beautifully designed and intuitive interface.
The only real sticking point of the app is the fact that it requires you to basically leave your super expensive smartphone wherever you happen to want a fart to magically appear. That certainly limits its usefulness a little bit. But hey, anything for a good fart joke, right?
Photo via banjo d/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.