- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
Because fart jokes never get old, right?
In the early days of the iPhone, one of the most common App Store sights was a fart app sitting atop the best sellers list. Before big names like Angry Birds and Candy Crush took over, amateur developers were searching for anything that would sell, and humanity’s fascination with flatulence took over. Apple eventually decided we were all five, though, and outlawed the hilarity from the App Store.
Now, with Apple’s first smartwatch on the horizon, history seems to be repeating itself. That’s right: There’s already a fart app for the Apple Watch.
Fart Watch (yes, that is the app’s actual name) uses the Apple Watch as a sort of wireless fart button. Tap the touchscreen on your wrist and your iPhone will let one rip wherever it may be. Hiding your iPhone behind a loved one or under a friend’s seat in the movie theater will give you the power to shame them to whatever degree you see fit.
It’s the same concept behind the remote control whoopee cushion, and with literally hundreds of fart apps available for the iPhone (those that survived Apple’s purge, at least), having the first one ready to go for the Apple Watch launch is a surefire way to get some first-day downloads.
The developers describe it thusly:
Featuring a full suite of customizable options, the Fart Watch app will revolutionize fart sound delivery in a beautifully designed and intuitive interface.
The only real sticking point of the app is the fact that it requires you to basically leave your super expensive smartphone wherever you happen to want a fart to magically appear. That certainly limits its usefulness a little bit. But hey, anything for a good fart joke, right?
Photo via banjo d/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.