- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ 11 Months Ago
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Today 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Today 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Jets in NFL Week 6 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. 49ers in NFL Week 6 action Saturday 3:05 PM
- Kamala Harris’ ‘lover’ says Jacob Wohl hired him off Craigslist Saturday 2:03 PM
- Korean hair salon dragged for turning straight hair into Afro-textured hair Saturday 1:00 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Texans in NFL Week 6 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Browns in Week 6 NFL action Saturday 12:00 PM
Starting the week of Dec. 17, Echo users can download the Apple Music skill and tell Alexa to play music through their subscription. From Echo Dot to Echo Plus, users can play albums, artists, songs, or playlists through their device.
“Music is one of the most popular features on Alexa—since we launched Alexa four years ago, customers are listening to more music in their homes than ever before,” Amazon Devices’ senior vice president Dave Limp said in a blog post. “We are committed to offering great music providers to our customers and since launching the Music Skill API to developers just last month, we’ve expanded the music selection on Alexa to include even more top-tier services.”
The feature is set to arrive just in time for the holidays, and it’s a significant step forward for Apple Music. Previously, the subscription-based music service was only supported on Apple operating systems, Apple TV, PC, and Android. Apple Music’s appearance on a non-mobile, non-Apple hardware lineup suggests Apple may be interested in expanding its music platform to other smart devices too.
- You can now use Amazon Alexa devices as an intercom system
- Amazon Alexa is the home assistant you never knew you needed
- The Amazon Fire TV Edition makes streaming in 4K easy
- The Amazon Fire Stick can help you finally cut the cord
- 201 questions Siri has hilarious answers for
In the meantime, Amazon’s Echo devices are on sale, with steep discounts on both the Echo and Echo Dot. For music fans interested in picking up their own Amazon device, now may be the best time.
H/T the Verge
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Vice, Vox, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, and spends her free time developing queer adult games.