- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme 1 Year Ago
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Today 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Today 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Today 10:32 AM
- Trump adds Jeffrey Epstein’s old attorney to impeachment team Today 10:03 AM
- YouTube star Cameron Dallas gets scathing reviews for his Broadway debut Today 9:58 AM
- How to watch ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ season 10 Today 9:55 AM
- George Lucas met Baby Yoda, and we can’t handle it Today 8:45 AM
- Apple TV+’s ‘Little America’ shines a light on immigrant stories Today 8:00 AM
- Eminem drops surprise album—and Ariana Grande fans are furious Today 7:53 AM
- The first photos from the Discworld TV series are not what you’d expect Today 7:33 AM
- Vox Day, ‘alt-right’ racist, is absolutely thriving online Today 7:30 AM
- Why women are getting mysterious greeting cards from ‘Jenny B.’ Today 6:22 AM
- Gwyneth Paltrow peddles pseudoscience in ‘Goop Lab’ Netflix series Today 6:18 AM
- ‘Avenue 5’ packs in laughs and unevenness in a shaky launch into space Today 6:00 AM
Starting the week of Dec. 17, Echo users can download the Apple Music skill and tell Alexa to play music through their subscription. From Echo Dot to Echo Plus, users can play albums, artists, songs, or playlists through their device.
“Music is one of the most popular features on Alexa—since we launched Alexa four years ago, customers are listening to more music in their homes than ever before,” Amazon Devices’ senior vice president Dave Limp said in a blog post. “We are committed to offering great music providers to our customers and since launching the Music Skill API to developers just last month, we’ve expanded the music selection on Alexa to include even more top-tier services.”
The feature is set to arrive just in time for the holidays, and it’s a significant step forward for Apple Music. Previously, the subscription-based music service was only supported on Apple operating systems, Apple TV, PC, and Android. Apple Music’s appearance on a non-mobile, non-Apple hardware lineup suggests Apple may be interested in expanding its music platform to other smart devices too.
- You can now use Amazon Alexa devices as an intercom system
- Amazon Alexa is the home assistant you never knew you needed
- The Amazon Fire TV Edition makes streaming in 4K easy
- The Amazon Fire Stick can help you finally cut the cord
- 201 questions Siri has hilarious answers for
In the meantime, Amazon’s Echo devices are on sale, with steep discounts on both the Echo and Echo Dot. For music fans interested in picking up their own Amazon device, now may be the best time.
H/T the Verge
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Vice, Vox, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, and spends her free time developing queer adult games.