- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme 1 Year Ago
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Today 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Today 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Today 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Today 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Today 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Today 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Today 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Today 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Today 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Today 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Today 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Today 11:49 AM
- Cardi B defends Dwyane Wade’s daughter during Instagram Live Today 11:45 AM
- YouTube briefly shuts down beloved ‘lofi hip hop radio’ channel, launching a new meme Today 11:42 AM
Apple’s latest iOS update is on the way, and the iPhone’s most important feature is about to get a major update. That’s right, we’re getting new emoji.
Over 70 new emoji are coming to iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, and iPhone in the iOS 12.1 update. These new emoji include a frozen grimacing face, a smiley surrounded by hearts, a gray-haired emoji, a bald emoji, and a partying emoji.
There’s also updates for sports, foods, and objects too. For instance, Apple is adding in a red gift envelope, which is commonly used during Chinese New Year and Chinese weddings. There’s also a new travel suitcase emoji, a softball, a skateboard, and a lacrosse stick with a lacrosse ball. Best of all, iOS 12.1 even brings new animal emoji, including a mosquito, swan, and a llama.
Oh, and we’re finally getting a bagel emoji. It’s about time, Apple.
All 76 new emoji have since been revealed to the public, and you can check them out in a tweet from Emojipedia’s Jeremy Burge.
Here's every emoji that's new in iOS 12.1 pic.twitter.com/rwHTAJiqB1— Jeremy Burge @ WWDC (@jeremyburge) October 2, 2018
Apple users won’t have to wait long for iOS 12.1’s emoji update. Apple’s developer and public beta previews for iOS 12.1 went live yesterday and feature the new emoji, and Apple says the additions will be available in “upcoming software updates” for iOS, macOS, and watchOS.
In the meantime, Duke University, the University of Alabama, and the University of Oklahoma now support Apple Wallet access to student IDs, letting undergrads pull out their smartphones to pay for meals or access school dorms. The feature is available for both Apple Watch and iPhone, and Apple claims that Johns Hopkins, Santa Clara, and Temple University will also receive the feature “by the end of this school year.”
- How to access iCloud on iPhone, Mac, and Windows
- Can you tell if someone is looking at your Instagram?
- What is Apple TV and is it worth it?
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Vice, Vox, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, and spends her free time developing queer adult games.