- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash (updated) Saturday 10:22 AM
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free Saturday 8:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Rayo Vallecano online for free Saturday 7:30 AM
- ‘Runaways’ season 2 expands its universe and mysteries Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch the Cure Bowl online for free Saturday 7:05 AM
- How to watch Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Politicians who inspired the internet in 2018 Saturday 6:30 AM
The 69 new proposed emoji include genies, dinosaurs, and a bearded hipster
Since their introduction to iOS in 2011, emoji have remixed how we communicate. These quirky little shapes and faces are the closest thing the connected world has to a universal language. Our vocabulary is set to expand in June, when the world gets potentially 69 new emoji.
On Wednesday Emoji Version 5.0 was introduced over on Emojipedia. These candidates are working drafts, but the new wave will pull from this herd. It’s a stacked rundown of candidates.
Check them out below:
69 new emojis coming June 30 including mermaid, genie, T-Rex, UFO. Here they are: pic.twitter.com/bu4BU42zRf
— Mike Sington (@MikeSington) March 22, 2017
- The Scottish flag, which has been an essential omission from the current selection of global flags.
- The can of tomatoes, which is useless, tasteless, and weirdly specific.
- The dinosaurs, which will surely be incorporated into global slang for “this conversation is getting old, dude.”
- The bearded white person, who seems both sensitive and masculine.
- The blue overcoat, because it’s cold outside and you better bundle up.
No word yet on when we’ll finally get a standard Kevin Hart emoji.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.