- Eric Trump says cocktail waitress spit on him in Chicago bar 7 Years Ago
- Maine governor signs net neutrality bill into law 7 Years Ago
- How the QAnon movement continues without its messenger Today 8:26 AM
- 6 best Korean beauty products for summer Today 8:17 AM
- ‘The Office’ is leaving Netflix in 2021 Today 7:46 AM
- How to install the iOS 13 beta and test out its best new features Today 7:42 AM
- Swipe This! I want my boyfriend to text me everyday. Is that crazy? Today 7:30 AM
- Why every 2020 Democrat is canceled Today 7:01 AM
- The best LGBTQ movies and series on Amazon Prime Today 7:00 AM
- The easiest way to stream all the soccer you can handle Today 6:00 AM
- Facebook refused to take down this blackface page for 4 months Today 5:30 AM
- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
Photographer Terry Richardson documents his mother’s final moments on Tumblr
The controversial photographer shared his final portraits of his mother, Annie Lomax, who he also celebrated in the 2011 book Mom/Dad.
Terry Richardson’s mother, Annie Lomax, has reportedly died, and the famous photographer documented her final moments of life on Tumblr.
On Terry’s Diary, his personal Tumblr, Richardson has been posting intimate pictures of his mother resting on a hospital bed, looking gravely sick. One of them bears the caption “R.I.P. Annie Lomax, My Mom 1938-2012.”
The photos Richardson has posted are candid and poignant, humanizing the often scandal-riddled photographer. He begins the series of pictures with a picture of an emergency room, a snapshot of an Intensive Care Unit door, and an alarming photo of his mother using breathing support.
The Tumblr pictures are connected to his Facebook page, where people are leaving sympathy messages.
“She was a fabulous woman who will be celebrated and remembered through your photographs. Thank you for sharing her with us,” wrote commenter Brad Frazier.
Some Tumblr users (including Lindsey Weber, a Daily Dot contributor) pointed out that the photos were being added to Tumblr’s New York Fashion Week stream due to a tagging error, but a spokeswoman for Tumblr told the Daily Dot that they have fixed the mistake.
If Richardson’s 2011 book Mom/Dad is any indication, it’s apparent he has a lot of similar traits to his mother. The book showed off his wacky mother’s multiple sides—including a picture of her topless.
Richardson seems to find himself in controversy as often as he posts a picture to his Tumblr. In May, he recorded model Kate Upton’s infamous “Cat Daddy” dance, which was pulled from YouTube for being too racy. Others have called out the self-described pervert’s sleazy behavior, including allegedly showing his penis on set.
The Daily Dot reached out to Richardson’s agency for comment, but they have not yet responded.
Photo via Terry’s Diary/Tumblr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.