- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
- ‘Save Yourselves!’ is a charming and humorous take on the alien invasion movie Tuesday 11:53 AM
Italian juggler does impressive feet
Selyna Bogina is a rising star—all because she can juggle a bunch of balls. With her feet.
When 21-year-old Italian foot-juggler Selyna Bogino uploaded a video to YouTube showing herself practicing a routine, she didn’t think much of it.
“One day after all my practice sessions, I just wanted to record it to show my fans this very difficult routine,” she told the Daily Dot.
After uploading the video on September 7, she went offline for a few days to attend a cousin’s wedding. By the time she got back, the video had started to go viral. It’s currently at 967,967 views on YouTube.
“When I came back I had 134 friendship requests on Facebook, over 3,000 emails, followers on Twitter, and television and advertising requests. People even wanted to buy my video!” Bogino said.
The video shows Bogino in lying on her back in her practice space. She then juggles five basketballs in various patterns with her hands and feet. “I’m doing what I do every day, sweating, without makeup, without stage costume, just a tracksuit!” she said.
Born in the small Italian town of Galliate, Bogino has practiced as a foot-juggler since she was eight. A fifth-generation circus artist, her act takes her all over Europe. She wrote in her video description that she’s practicing “to beat the world record of the longest and most difficult 5 balls routine ever.” But that was tongue-in-cheek.
“I just wrote like that as a joke, because I know it’s a very long routine compared to the one you see normally in the others foot-juggling acts,” she says.
Being a young woman on YouTube, she of course has attracted a fair number of unsavory commenters. But she takes those in stride.
“She must be BOMB in bed,” said jew1772. “Unfortunately for you, you’ll never know that,” Bogino replied from her account.
A former senior politics reporter for the Daily Dot, Kevin Collier focuses on privacy, cybersecurity, and issues of importance to the open internet. Since leaving the Daily Dot in March 2016, he has served as a reporter for Vocativ and a cybersecurity correspondent for BuzzFeed.