- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Daughter scares mom with terrifying photo at the Grand Canyon
And she earned some serious Reddit karma in the process.
The Grand Canyon has claimed about 685 lives over the years, largely due to airplane crashes.
Another woman was almost added to list, or at least it appeared so from this photo by distressed Reddit user AlphaF.
The cleverly shot photo features AlphaF hanging off the side of the canyon in an attempt to freak her mom out on a recent trip. (She was apparently standing on something beneath her or has some amazing climbing skills.) The post reached the front page of social news site Reddit Thursday, where it collected 3,300 comments.
“Funny, yes. But when I visited the Grand Canyon, they were running search missions for a missing hiker (tent at campsite, but no one there for a long time),” DanN58 commented. “Never found him, as far as I know. But…they did find another unrelated body that fell off the Rim that no one knew was there. Grand Canyon can actually be a seriously dangerous place.”
The post also collected a handful of hilarious remixes. Here are some of the best ones so far.
Photo via AlphaF/Reddit
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.