- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign 7 Years Ago
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Today 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Today 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
Overly attached girlfriend identified
Wish her happy birthday tomorrow @laina622.
In fact, Overly Attached Girlfriend is Laina Morris, a 21-year-old former journalism student at the University of North Texas, according to NT Daily.
“I’m always amused by the @OvrlyAttachdGF tweets. Then I realize my face is associated with it and I’m slightly disturbed. Still awesome,” Morris tweeted Saturday. “Before I agree to marry all of you, I’m going to need all of the engagement rings first. Preferably ones that can be sold for lots of money.”
In less than a week, Morris has collected more than 12,000 followers on Twitter.
Morris became Internet famous on June 7, after her hilariously unsettling fan video for Bieber’s “Girlfriend” spawned hundreds of memes. The video was submitted on YouTube for a contest to be featured in a commercial for Bieber’s new perfume, aptly titled “Girlfriend,” due out today, the New York Times reported.
Morris followed up the success of “Girlfriend” with a creepy cover of Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.” Since its release Monday, the video has collected four million views.
Tomorrow is Morris’s birthday and if all goes according to plan, it’ll be a scary good one.
“If you all pitch in a couple dollars each, you could totally buy me a Kia Soul. I promise I’ll tweet ‘Thank you,’” Morris tweeted. “@Audi Are you going to give me an offer I can’t refuse? I’m in love with Kia Souls!”
The official Audi account tweeted the following photo in response.
Correction: The Daily Dot originally reported that Overly Attached Girlfriend was identified as Laina Walker. Her name is Laina Morris. This story has been changed to reflect that finding. We regret the error.
Photo via Know Your Meme
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.