- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
Wish her happy birthday tomorrow @laina622.
In fact, Overly Attached Girlfriend is Laina Morris, a 21-year-old former journalism student at the University of North Texas, according to NT Daily.
“I’m always amused by the @OvrlyAttachdGF tweets. Then I realize my face is associated with it and I’m slightly disturbed. Still awesome,” Morris tweeted Saturday. “Before I agree to marry all of you, I’m going to need all of the engagement rings first. Preferably ones that can be sold for lots of money.”
In less than a week, Morris has collected more than 12,000 followers on Twitter.
Morris became Internet famous on June 7, after her hilariously unsettling fan video for Bieber’s “Girlfriend” spawned hundreds of memes. The video was submitted on YouTube for a contest to be featured in a commercial for Bieber’s new perfume, aptly titled “Girlfriend,” due out today, the New York Times reported.
Morris followed up the success of “Girlfriend” with a creepy cover of Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.” Since its release Monday, the video has collected four million views.
Tomorrow is Morris’s birthday and if all goes according to plan, it’ll be a scary good one.
“If you all pitch in a couple dollars each, you could totally buy me a Kia Soul. I promise I’ll tweet ‘Thank you,’” Morris tweeted. “@Audi Are you going to give me an offer I can’t refuse? I’m in love with Kia Souls!”
The official Audi account tweeted the following photo in response.
Correction: The Daily Dot originally reported that Overly Attached Girlfriend was identified as Laina Walker. Her name is Laina Morris. This story has been changed to reflect that finding. We regret the error.
Photo via Know Your Meme
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.