- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go 7 Years Ago
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Today 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Today 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Today 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Today 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Today 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Today 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Today 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Today 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Today 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Today 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Today 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Today 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Today 8:34 AM
- How to stream Bellator 218 for free Today 8:00 AM
Wish her happy birthday tomorrow @laina622.
In fact, Overly Attached Girlfriend is Laina Morris, a 21-year-old former journalism student at the University of North Texas, according to NT Daily.
“I’m always amused by the @OvrlyAttachdGF tweets. Then I realize my face is associated with it and I’m slightly disturbed. Still awesome,” Morris tweeted Saturday. “Before I agree to marry all of you, I’m going to need all of the engagement rings first. Preferably ones that can be sold for lots of money.”
In less than a week, Morris has collected more than 12,000 followers on Twitter.
Morris became Internet famous on June 7, after her hilariously unsettling fan video for Bieber’s “Girlfriend” spawned hundreds of memes. The video was submitted on YouTube for a contest to be featured in a commercial for Bieber’s new perfume, aptly titled “Girlfriend,” due out today, the New York Times reported.
Morris followed up the success of “Girlfriend” with a creepy cover of Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.” Since its release Monday, the video has collected four million views.
Tomorrow is Morris’s birthday and if all goes according to plan, it’ll be a scary good one.
“If you all pitch in a couple dollars each, you could totally buy me a Kia Soul. I promise I’ll tweet ‘Thank you,’” Morris tweeted. “@Audi Are you going to give me an offer I can’t refuse? I’m in love with Kia Souls!”
The official Audi account tweeted the following photo in response.
Correction: The Daily Dot originally reported that Overly Attached Girlfriend was identified as Laina Walker. Her name is Laina Morris. This story has been changed to reflect that finding. We regret the error.
Photo via Know Your Meme
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.