- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
- How to watch ‘American Idol’ season 18 Saturday 2:00 PM
- James Blake defends girlfriend Jameela Jamil amid allegations she’s faking her illnesses Saturday 1:46 PM
Overly attached girlfriend identified
Wish her happy birthday tomorrow @laina622.
In fact, Overly Attached Girlfriend is Laina Morris, a 21-year-old former journalism student at the University of North Texas, according to NT Daily.
“I’m always amused by the @OvrlyAttachdGF tweets. Then I realize my face is associated with it and I’m slightly disturbed. Still awesome,” Morris tweeted Saturday. “Before I agree to marry all of you, I’m going to need all of the engagement rings first. Preferably ones that can be sold for lots of money.”
In less than a week, Morris has collected more than 12,000 followers on Twitter.
Morris became Internet famous on June 7, after her hilariously unsettling fan video for Bieber’s “Girlfriend” spawned hundreds of memes. The video was submitted on YouTube for a contest to be featured in a commercial for Bieber’s new perfume, aptly titled “Girlfriend,” due out today, the New York Times reported.
Morris followed up the success of “Girlfriend” with a creepy cover of Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.” Since its release Monday, the video has collected four million views.
Tomorrow is Morris’s birthday and if all goes according to plan, it’ll be a scary good one.
“If you all pitch in a couple dollars each, you could totally buy me a Kia Soul. I promise I’ll tweet ‘Thank you,’” Morris tweeted. “@Audi Are you going to give me an offer I can’t refuse? I’m in love with Kia Souls!”
The official Audi account tweeted the following photo in response.
Correction: The Daily Dot originally reported that Overly Attached Girlfriend was identified as Laina Walker. Her name is Laina Morris. This story has been changed to reflect that finding. We regret the error.
Photo via Know Your Meme
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.