- How to make calls on Google Home 7 Years Ago
- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
Instagramers founder Philippe González curates his list of essential Instagram photographers from around the world.
With a community of more than 50 million people, it can be difficult to decide who to follow on Instagram.
That’s where Philippe González comes in. As the founder of Instagramers, the Madrid-based artist has become a noted expert on the tips, tricks, and key photographers associated with the Instagram movement.
González shared a list of five of his favorite IGers (as community members are called) from around the world.
1) @takinyerphoto, Anthony Daniele, New York City
1118 photos · 161,084 followers
“I met him when he was just starting in Instagram and we awarded him with our first contest in Madrid. He was exhibiting in Madrid at a major photography fair. He is one of my fav ‘street photographers’ in Instagram.”
Photo by takinyerphoto
2) @Myriam40a, Myriam, France
1611 photos · 5516 followers
González mentioned Myriam for “all the time she spent answering people, giving tips and being kind with people.”
Photo by myriam40a
3) @saturninofarandola, Giacomo Por, Naples, Italy
496 photos· 6696 followers
González said he is inspired by Por’s “amazing black-and-white portraits.”
Photo by saturninofarandola
4) @civilking, Mehmet Kırali, Turkey
757 photos · 37372 followers
Kırali is one of the IGers who best represents “the amazing and powerful mobile photographers movement in Turkey (in terms of quality and quantity),” according to González.
Photo by civilking
5) @cachafaz, Pachi Tamer, Austin, Texas
2208 photos · 16,529 followers
Tamer is “a guy who gives a voice to all these people who survive in the streets around us,” says González. As The Dutiee Blog noted, Tamer is on “a mission to help homeless people communicate and meet their needs by using the power of Instagram.”
Photo by cachafaz
Main photo by Philippe González
Based in Montreal, Kris Holt has been writing about technology and web culture since 2010. He writes for Engadget and Tech News World, and his byline has also appeared in Paste, Salon, International Business Times, Mashable, and elsewhere.