- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
Instagramers founder Philippe González curates his list of essential Instagram photographers from around the world.
With a community of more than 50 million people, it can be difficult to decide who to follow on Instagram.
That’s where Philippe González comes in. As the founder of Instagramers, the Madrid-based artist has become a noted expert on the tips, tricks, and key photographers associated with the Instagram movement.
González shared a list of five of his favorite IGers (as community members are called) from around the world.
1) @takinyerphoto, Anthony Daniele, New York City
1118 photos · 161,084 followers
“I met him when he was just starting in Instagram and we awarded him with our first contest in Madrid. He was exhibiting in Madrid at a major photography fair. He is one of my fav ‘street photographers’ in Instagram.”
Photo by takinyerphoto
2) @Myriam40a, Myriam, France
1611 photos · 5516 followers
González mentioned Myriam for “all the time she spent answering people, giving tips and being kind with people.”
Photo by myriam40a
3) @saturninofarandola, Giacomo Por, Naples, Italy
496 photos· 6696 followers
González said he is inspired by Por’s “amazing black-and-white portraits.”
Photo by saturninofarandola
4) @civilking, Mehmet Kırali, Turkey
757 photos · 37372 followers
Kırali is one of the IGers who best represents “the amazing and powerful mobile photographers movement in Turkey (in terms of quality and quantity),” according to González.
Photo by civilking
5) @cachafaz, Pachi Tamer, Austin, Texas
2208 photos · 16,529 followers
Tamer is “a guy who gives a voice to all these people who survive in the streets around us,” says González. As The Dutiee Blog noted, Tamer is on “a mission to help homeless people communicate and meet their needs by using the power of Instagram.”
Photo by cachafaz
Main photo by Philippe González
Based in Montreal, Kris Holt has been writing about technology and web culture since 2010. He writes for Engadget and Tech News World, and his byline has also appeared in Paste, Salon, International Business Times, Mashable, and elsewhere.