- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
Police want pictures of teen’s erection for ‘sexting’ investigation
A 17-year-old from Virginia may be forced to get an erection so police can take pictures of his penis.
Trey Simms faces felony charges of manufacturing and distributing child pornography in January for “sexting” his then-girlfriend, who was also a minor. The charges could land him in jail for several years and force him to register as a sex offender.
Both NBC News and the Washington Post have reported a bizarre new detail from the case: Last week, a local judge signed a search warrant that compels Simms to let Manassas City police photograph his erect penis.
Apparently, the police want to compare the photographs to the evidence they’re reviewing in his case. If police carry out the warrant, Simms could be taken to a hospital and given an injection to facilitate the process.
“I think it’s effectively child abuse, that’s what it is from my perspective,” Carlos Flores Laboy, Simms’ court-appointed guardian, told NBC.
Simms’ lawyer, Jessica Harbeson Foster, said this whole case started with Simms’ 15-year-old girlfriend sending photos of herself, the Washington Post reports. After Simms replied with a video of himself, the girl’s mother found out about it and filed a complaint.
Stacy Bigley, Simms’ aunt, said the police have already photographed her nephew’s genitals once. As Simms described it to her, after being arrested and taken to jail, Simms was forced to let police photograph his penis.
“They told him if he did not they would do it by force,” Bigley said.
The NBC News report below has more on this story, including interviews with Simms’ aunt and legal representatives.
Photo by Michael Gil/Flickr (CC By 2.0)
Fran Berkman is a technology reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focused on cryptocurrencies and internet freedom. In April 2017, he joined BuzzFeed as the deputy director of news curation.