- ‘BoJack Horseman’ hints at a brutal reckoning in its final season 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
Police want pictures of teen’s erection for ‘sexting’ investigation
A 17-year-old from Virginia may be forced to get an erection so police can take pictures of his penis.
Trey Simms faces felony charges of manufacturing and distributing child pornography in January for “sexting” his then-girlfriend, who was also a minor. The charges could land him in jail for several years and force him to register as a sex offender.
Both NBC News and the Washington Post have reported a bizarre new detail from the case: Last week, a local judge signed a search warrant that compels Simms to let Manassas City police photograph his erect penis.
Apparently, the police want to compare the photographs to the evidence they’re reviewing in his case. If police carry out the warrant, Simms could be taken to a hospital and given an injection to facilitate the process.
“I think it’s effectively child abuse, that’s what it is from my perspective,” Carlos Flores Laboy, Simms’ court-appointed guardian, told NBC.
Simms’ lawyer, Jessica Harbeson Foster, said this whole case started with Simms’ 15-year-old girlfriend sending photos of herself, the Washington Post reports. After Simms replied with a video of himself, the girl’s mother found out about it and filed a complaint.
Stacy Bigley, Simms’ aunt, said the police have already photographed her nephew’s genitals once. As Simms described it to her, after being arrested and taken to jail, Simms was forced to let police photograph his penis.
“They told him if he did not they would do it by force,” Bigley said.
The NBC News report below has more on this story, including interviews with Simms’ aunt and legal representatives.
Photo by Michael Gil/Flickr (CC By 2.0)
Fran Berkman is a technology reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focused on cryptocurrencies and internet freedom. In April 2017, he joined BuzzFeed as the deputy director of news curation.