- Bill Mitchell, the Trump-loving QAnon scammer, is pushing ammunition for a civil war 6 Years Ago
- How to stream Tigres vs. Cruz Azul in the Leagues Cup final 6 Years Ago
- How to stream Bayern Munich vs. Belgrade Red Star in Champions League action 6 Years Ago
- HBO Max gains the streaming rights to ‘The Big Bang Theory’ 6 Years Ago
- Everyone hates this Russian rapper’s pro-Putin music video Today 10:34 AM
- Skull fire logs are here to make you look like a gleeful murderer Today 10:30 AM
- High school cheerleading team put on probation for waving Trump banner during a game Today 10:12 AM
- ‘Battlestar Galactica’ is getting a reboot from the creator of ‘Mr. Robot’ Today 9:17 AM
- Sean Spicer is already alleging judges are out to get him on DWTS Today 8:52 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ loses showrunner halfway through filming Today 7:36 AM
- ‘Disenchantment’ season 2 starts strong but falls into familiar trappings Today 7:00 AM
- Are Ben Shapiro fans organizing against his opponents on Twitter? Today 6:30 AM
- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
Florida teacher arrested for soliciting students on Facebook
Stevie Glasspool, 31, was taken into custody on Thursday on charges of soliciting a child for unlawful sexual conduct.
A Florida high school teacher has been arrested for using Facebook to solicit sex from at least four of her students.
Stevie Glasspool, 31, was fired in May of this year from her job teaching English at Mavericks Charter High School in Pomona, Fla., after one of her students told another teacher that he had received improper messages from Glasspool via the popular social network.
Chris O’Neill, the student in question, said that Glasspool would bombard him with multiple messages until he finally replied.
“She didn’t necessarily go all out the first day, but after 30 minutes of me talking to her that night, she got more blatant with me,” he told local media outlets.
The messages were pretty explicit.
“I don’t want you to fall in love with me, but I also don’t want you to hit it and quit it either,” read one message released by the Broward County Sheriff’s office.
“I’m here all night, but this sounds like a sleep over all night because if you give it like you say I may want more. I think I love this not being your teacher anymore,” read another, most likely sent after she was fired.
According to O’Neill, some of these accidentally ended up being posted on his public wall. That’s when Glasspool deleted her account.
The former teacher was taken into custody on Thursday on charges of soliciting a child for unlawful sexual conduct using computer services or devices. The Broward Sheriff’s office expects more charges to be filed and more victims to come forward. Her bail has been set at $25,000.
Photo via Dave Rutt/Flickr
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.