- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
Florida teacher arrested for soliciting students on Facebook
Stevie Glasspool, 31, was taken into custody on Thursday on charges of soliciting a child for unlawful sexual conduct.
A Florida high school teacher has been arrested for using Facebook to solicit sex from at least four of her students.
Stevie Glasspool, 31, was fired in May of this year from her job teaching English at Mavericks Charter High School in Pomona, Fla., after one of her students told another teacher that he had received improper messages from Glasspool via the popular social network.
Chris O’Neill, the student in question, said that Glasspool would bombard him with multiple messages until he finally replied.
“She didn’t necessarily go all out the first day, but after 30 minutes of me talking to her that night, she got more blatant with me,” he told local media outlets.
The messages were pretty explicit.
“I don’t want you to fall in love with me, but I also don’t want you to hit it and quit it either,” read one message released by the Broward County Sheriff’s office.
“I’m here all night, but this sounds like a sleep over all night because if you give it like you say I may want more. I think I love this not being your teacher anymore,” read another, most likely sent after she was fired.
According to O’Neill, some of these accidentally ended up being posted on his public wall. That’s when Glasspool deleted her account.
The former teacher was taken into custody on Thursday on charges of soliciting a child for unlawful sexual conduct using computer services or devices. The Broward Sheriff’s office expects more charges to be filed and more victims to come forward. Her bail has been set at $25,000.
Photo via Dave Rutt/Flickr
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.