- Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch appearance isn’t a gimmick—it’s a strategy 5 Years Ago
- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Tuesday 11:35 AM
Hollywood’s viral ad campaigns have gone too far.
For more than an hour and a half, a male suspect who allegedly assaulted a police officer who pulled him over in Ontario, Calif., has led cops in a high-speed chase through residential areas and along freeways. He’s driving a fully loaded big rig whose storage container he’s attempted to jettison at several points.
Naturally, bored media Twitter is going insane.
— Robert Bennett (@WAVY10Bob) May 27, 2014
Although repeatedly boxed in on various narrow roads and in a gas station, the driver has been able to evade law enforcement time and again—and is currently headed toward the Mexican border. It’s thought that techniques typically used to stop fleeing motorists (such as a PIT maneuver) would be mostly useless against the large vehicle, which is barreling along at speeds of up to 90 miles per hour; so far, it’s avoided one spike strip. Follow the drama live below:
The driver is also said to have nearly run over the officer he’s accused of assaulting, so police are being especially cautious and treating him as violent. If he manages to reach the border without running out of gas or into traffic, they hope to catch him at the customs checkpoint.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'