- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Today 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Today 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Today 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Today 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Today 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Today 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Today 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
YouTube launches step-by-step video production classes on Google+
Want to go from newbie to YouTube Partner? Google’s got you covered.
Learning video production just got easier, thanks to YouTube.
YouTube Creators—YouTube’s support network for video producers—will now offer a series of free production workshops through Google+ Hangouts. Classes start on July 18 at the YouTube Creators Google+ page with a pre-production course and an overview of YouTube
Whether you need to hone in on a technique or you’re just starting out, there’s a class for you. The workshops will cover every step of making a YouTube video, from planning to production to promotion.
The first three weeks focus on pre-production skills such as storyboarding and choosing which equipment to use. Production courses go through everything from cinematography to lighting and sound techniques. Post-production classes go through video editing and even show you how to build an audience once your videos are online. The YouTube Creators have the full class schedule on their blog.
The YouTube Creators have assured people that if they want to take part in the workshops they don’t have to attend every class in order to get to the one they need.
“If you already feel great about pre-production but want to learn more about production and post-production, for example, feel free to come to only those sessions that interest you,” Austin Lau of YouTube Partner Development wrote.
And if you can’t make the classes that you want to take when they air? Not to worry. YouTube Creators promises that classes will be uploaded to the YouTube Partner Support page once the live recording is finished.
The workshops take place every Wednesday at 3pm ET and will run through early October.
Photo via jsawkins
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.