- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol 5 Years Ago
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Today 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Today 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Today 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Today 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
Your Tinder matches are about to get a lot better looking.
It’s no secret that some people go to great lengths to up their Tinder game. They’ve hired auto-likers and profile consultants. They’ve hacked the app to get more matches. They’ve even risked their lives to impress people by posing with wild animals. But there’s never been a professional service devoted entirely to taking headshots for Tinder profiles—that is, until now.
Tinderheadshots.com is (allegedly) an online service that connects you with a professional photographer to take a headshot for your Tinder profile. It’s just like getting a headshot for a professional acting or singing career, except instead of taking around the photos on auditions, you’re using them to convince strangers to have sex with you.
According to the website for Tinder Headshots (and an accompanying Craigslist post), “the key to success on Tinder is using a picture that speaks to your strengths and irresistible charm better than the most highly trained wingman. That’s how you’ll find Mrs. Right, or Mrs. Swipe Right.”
The service costs $50 for one headshot, and $100 for three headshots. All you have to do is send your Facebook profile “to prove you’re not a serial killer,” head on over to the team’s Brooklyn office—if the Google Map on Craigslist is any indication, it looks to be located in Bed Stuy—and get ready to have the ladies and/or gentlemen knocking down your door.
To be perfectly honest, there’s something about Tinder Headshots that seems a little less than legit. (The effusiveness of the testimonials on the website are kind of a red flag.) But it’s not like the basic concept of outsourcing your Tinder game is unprecedented, and there’d certainly be a market for such a service in image-conscious, Tinder-happy Brooklyn. So if you’re looking to make waves with a Tinder profile that looks like the Easter photos your mom made you and your sister take at Sears, shoot ‘em an email and god rest ye merry gentlemen.
Photo via Tinder Headshots
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.