- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 5 Years Ago
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Rams in NFL Week 2 action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Redskins in Week 2 action Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Seahawks in Week 2 NFL action Saturday 7:30 AM
Porn star explains why she loves Bitcoin while stripping
Bitcoin has never looked so good.
Many developers, entrepreneurs, and techno-libertarians will tell you that Bitcoin is sexy technology. Apparently, the popular cryptocurrency can also inspire a more traditional brand of sex appeal.
Just ask Saffron Bacchus, who recently posted a video in which she extols Bitcoin’s virtues while removing her clothes. Bacchus said Bitcoin has been a boon to her fetish pornography video business, citing reasons such as low transaction fees, security, and anonymity.
“And of course, there’s no morality police telling me I’m not allowed to do what I love to do,” Bacchus says in the very NSFW video, which she posted on her PornHub page. “Beyond that, I also love that governments can’t devalue my money or freeze it or take it away.”
For those of you who are just interested in the talking points, here’s the clean version.
Bacchus’ video is actually emblematic of how the online pornography industry has really began to embrace Bitcoin in the past several months.
“Bitcoin is a new market and its properties make it an ideal payment system for adult consumers,” Avi Bitton, chief technology officer for Wicked Pictures, told the Daily Dot ahead of his appearance on a Bitcoin panel at the XBiz summit in May.
Of course, Bacchus’ videos were popular on the Reddit Bitcoin forum. Many redditors seemed glad to have Bacchus as part of their community, but one commenter, AgentZeroM, really captured the essence of the conversation.
“Bitcoin is the currency of consenting adults!”
Screenshot via Saffron Bacchus/YouTube
Fran Berkman is a technology reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focused on cryptocurrencies and internet freedom. In April 2017, he joined BuzzFeed as the deputy director of news curation.