- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions 6 Years Ago
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Today 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Today 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Today 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
Why get crushed at a real-life store opening when you can stay home and shop Etsy on Black Friday?
It’s expected that big name retailers offer some kind of deal during the world’s most fervent holiday shopping frenzy, Black Friday.
What’s not as well known is that many shops on Etsy’s handmade marketplace offer their own discounts, too.
From Black Friday, this Nov. 23, to Cyber Monday, this Nov. 26, Etsy will be promoting any store that’s offering a sale, to make deals easier for you to find.
According to Etsy marketing team employee Heather Burkman, shops that include “Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday” as tags on product listings will be promoted for the weekend on Etsy’s front page.
Etsy sellers have been offering deals at various times of the year on their own (Etsy on Sale is a great place to see what’s on sale and when), but according to the site blog, the commerce community only began institutionalizing Black Friday in 2009, when it started promoting a site-wide tag.
“This will be the biggest % sale in my shop history and my first time running a special for black friday/cyber monday,” seller Megan Lee wrote.
Photo via whiskyginger/Etsy
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.