- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
Why get crushed at a real-life store opening when you can stay home and shop Etsy on Black Friday?
It’s expected that big name retailers offer some kind of deal during the world’s most fervent holiday shopping frenzy, Black Friday.
What’s not as well known is that many shops on Etsy’s handmade marketplace offer their own discounts, too.
From Black Friday, this Nov. 23, to Cyber Monday, this Nov. 26, Etsy will be promoting any store that’s offering a sale, to make deals easier for you to find.
According to Etsy marketing team employee Heather Burkman, shops that include “Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday” as tags on product listings will be promoted for the weekend on Etsy’s front page.
Etsy sellers have been offering deals at various times of the year on their own (Etsy on Sale is a great place to see what’s on sale and when), but according to the site blog, the commerce community only began institutionalizing Black Friday in 2009, when it started promoting a site-wide tag.
“This will be the biggest % sale in my shop history and my first time running a special for black friday/cyber monday,” seller Megan Lee wrote.
Photo via whiskyginger/Etsy
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.