- PewDiePie calls Lilly Singh an ‘idiot’ for wondering why female YouTubers aren’t top earners 6 Years Ago
- Jack Dorsey had an amazing birthday in Myanmar, where social media enabled genocide 6 Years Ago
- Peter Griffin eulogizes Carrie Fisher’s character on ‘Family Guy’ Today 8:59 AM
- Trump can’t spell ‘smoking’ in latest tweet attacking Russia probe Today 8:25 AM
- Subtle Asian Traits brings wave of culture-specific memes to Facebook Today 8:00 AM
- The ‘universal language’ of Esperanto is thriving on the internet Today 7:30 AM
- NASA is helping Marvel rescue Tony Stark from space Today 7:07 AM
- Swipe This! My ex is thriving on Instagram—and it’s making me miserable Today 6:30 AM
- What life is like inside the right-wing Twitter bubble Today 6:30 AM
- The best Spanish movies on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- Gavin McInnes is out at Blaze Media Sunday 7:07 PM
- Anthony Scaramucci praised QAnon during American Priorities conference Sunday 5:44 PM
- Report: FBI investigating fake net neutrality comments Sunday 4:36 PM
- The first professional U.S. transgender boxer just won his first fight Sunday 2:18 PM
- Twitch streamer apparently hits partner on video Sunday 1:45 PM
Why get crushed at a real-life store opening when you can stay home and shop Etsy on Black Friday?
It’s expected that big name retailers offer some kind of deal during the world’s most fervent holiday shopping frenzy, Black Friday.
What’s not as well known is that many shops on Etsy’s handmade marketplace offer their own discounts, too.
From Black Friday, this Nov. 23, to Cyber Monday, this Nov. 26, Etsy will be promoting any store that’s offering a sale, to make deals easier for you to find.
According to Etsy marketing team employee Heather Burkman, shops that include “Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday” as tags on product listings will be promoted for the weekend on Etsy’s front page.
Etsy sellers have been offering deals at various times of the year on their own (Etsy on Sale is a great place to see what’s on sale and when), but according to the site blog, the commerce community only began institutionalizing Black Friday in 2009, when it started promoting a site-wide tag.
“This will be the biggest % sale in my shop history and my first time running a special for black friday/cyber monday,” seller Megan Lee wrote.
Photo via whiskyginger/Etsy
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.