- Was Bloomberg owned harder on the debate stage or by Twitter? Today 8:54 AM
- Make ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ your desert island game Today 8:51 AM
- Everyone’s trying to dance like Jennifer Lopez on TikTok Today 8:27 AM
- Why the coronavirus bioweapon theory persists Today 7:57 AM
- You won’t see deleted scenes on the ‘Rise of Skywalker’ home release Today 7:47 AM
- The return of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ throws you right back into the fight Today 7:00 AM
- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? Today 6:00 AM
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
Etsy sellers gear up for Black Friday
Why get crushed at a real-life store opening when you can stay home and shop Etsy on Black Friday?
It’s expected that big name retailers offer some kind of deal during the world’s most fervent holiday shopping frenzy, Black Friday.
What’s not as well known is that many shops on Etsy’s handmade marketplace offer their own discounts, too.
From Black Friday, this Nov. 23, to Cyber Monday, this Nov. 26, Etsy will be promoting any store that’s offering a sale, to make deals easier for you to find.
According to Etsy marketing team employee Heather Burkman, shops that include “Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday” as tags on product listings will be promoted for the weekend on Etsy’s front page.
Etsy sellers have been offering deals at various times of the year on their own (Etsy on Sale is a great place to see what’s on sale and when), but according to the site blog, the commerce community only began institutionalizing Black Friday in 2009, when it started promoting a site-wide tag.
“This will be the biggest % sale in my shop history and my first time running a special for black friday/cyber monday,” seller Megan Lee wrote.
Photo via whiskyginger/Etsy
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.