- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
Live Link’s adventures with the Zelda Legendary Edition ‘Four Swords’ manga
Take the magic of Hyrule on the go.
If you can’t get enough of the magical world of The Legend of Zelda, The Four Swords Legendary Edition ought to whet your pallet.
Fans of Akira Himekawa’s stunning manga series already know that these tomes are a pleasure to dig into. If you’re new to them, Four Swords is a fine place to start. This deluxe manga tells the story of the original game over 364 illustrated pages and combines the original two volume release into a single book. While the pages are black and white like traditional manga, the first few pages are in stunning color. Himekawa’s illustrations simply leap off the page.
The Legendary Edition is the weightiest of the series yet. It also features a roundtable talk with Himekawa about the creation of the series at the end of the book. Expect to see her dig into why the manga is able to go so much more in depth with certain scenes and characters. And yes, there is much more story here than in the game, so don’t miss out on that.
The book is on sale through Amazon for just over $12 (regularly $17.99). If you find yourself in love with the storytelling, we also recommend The Legend of Zelda Box Set, which comes packed with Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Time, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Majora’s Mask, Minish Cap, Link to the Past, and Phantom Hourglass. Four Swords is also in there in its original two-volume format, but the deal on the box ($43.20) is way better than buying them all separately.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- How to use Nintendo’s Switch eShop to its fullest
- Magic: The Gathering: A definitive guide to MtG for beginners
- Nerd up your Cards Against Humanity experience with these expansions
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.