- Jared Leto reportedly tried to stop ‘Joker’ from happening Today 4:12 PM
- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement Today 3:13 PM
- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls Today 1:38 PM
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Today 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Today 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Today 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Today 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Today 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Today 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
Nintendo has announced official release dates for both the Nintendo Switch, its newest console, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Yes, we all yelled aloud in the office this morning when we saw the news. We did.
Now that we have confirmation that March 3 is going to be the best day ever, you can get your pre-order on.
As far as Breath of the Wild goes, there are several collector’s editions to choose from. The mack daddy of them is the Master Edition, which is $129.99 and features so much cool shit, we wanted to lick the screen when we saw it. Don’t judge.
A second set, the Special Edition, retails for $99.99 and includes the items above except for the Master Sword sculpture and the black box. Gamestop has a pre-order listing for it as well. If you just want the regular game with no bells and whistles, Amazon does have that pre-order open right now for $59.99. You can nab it at Toys R Us, Best Buy, Gamestop, and Target too.
If you’re ordering the Nintendo Switch, which will retail for $299, is now available through Amazon, Gamestop, Target, and Best Buy. Best Buy is also offering midnight pick-up on March 3, and you can check if a local store is participating here. Gamestop is offering bundles for pre-order, which is sure to make March 3 like the Christmas of your childhood dreams.
Walmart is already sold out of the console pre-orders online, but you can reserve the console in-stores by putting 10 percent down to reserve the Switch (go to the Pickup desk to do so). Amazon currently has them in stock , but the inventory has been touch and go. If it’s sold out, you can sign up to be alerted through Amazon when restock arrives if you prefer to order it there.
In short, you might want to clear your calendar in March for the first week or two.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- This hardcover Super Famicom book is a gamer’s dream tome
- 5 video games worth buying with your gift cards
- This Space Invaders backpack is almost as cool as your high score
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.