- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Tuesday 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Tuesday 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Tuesday 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Tuesday 12:02 PM
Drop everything and pre-order Zelda: Breath of the Wild now
Nintendo has announced official release dates for both the Nintendo Switch, its newest console, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Yes, we all yelled aloud in the office this morning when we saw the news. We did.
Now that we have confirmation that March 3 is going to be the best day ever, you can get your pre-order on.
As far as Breath of the Wild goes, there are several collector’s editions to choose from. The mack daddy of them is the Master Edition, which is $129.99 and features so much cool shit, we wanted to lick the screen when we saw it. Don’t judge.
A second set, the Special Edition, retails for $99.99 and includes the items above except for the Master Sword sculpture and the black box. Gamestop has a pre-order listing for it as well. If you just want the regular game with no bells and whistles, Amazon does have that pre-order open right now for $59.99. You can nab it at Toys R Us, Best Buy, Gamestop, and Target too.
If you’re ordering the Nintendo Switch, which will retail for $299, is now available through Amazon, Gamestop, Target, and Best Buy. Best Buy is also offering midnight pick-up on March 3, and you can check if a local store is participating here. Gamestop is offering bundles for pre-order, which is sure to make March 3 like the Christmas of your childhood dreams.
Walmart is already sold out of the console pre-orders online, but you can reserve the console in-stores by putting 10 percent down to reserve the Switch (go to the Pickup desk to do so). Amazon currently has them in stock , but the inventory has been touch and go. If it’s sold out, you can sign up to be alerted through Amazon when restock arrives if you prefer to order it there.
In short, you might want to clear your calendar in March for the first week or two.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- This hardcover Super Famicom book is a gamer’s dream tome
- 5 video games worth buying with your gift cards
- This Space Invaders backpack is almost as cool as your high score
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.