- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller 2 Years Ago
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Today 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
While modern RPG epics are great and all, sometimes you just want a hit of retro gaming goodness. Enter Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
It’s been a while since we last saw the little swordsman. This modern revival plays just like the ones you played on the Sega Master System. Slay beasts and occasionally transform into them in this action-platformer that’s a little Zelda, a little Metroid and a ton of fun.
And if modern graphics and sound don’t do it for you, worry not! You can slide from modern to classic 16-bit graphics with the click of a button. Talk about a time warp. This physical release comes with extra goodies too, including a full-color instruction manual (remember those?) a game soundtrack and a slick cell-phone strap.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- The best Lego video games you need to play
- Watch puffballs duke it out in stadium brawls in ‘Kirby Battle Royale’
- This is the Nintendo Switch Gamecube controller of your dreams
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.