- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
While modern RPG epics are great and all, sometimes you just want a hit of retro gaming goodness. Enter Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
It’s been a while since we last saw the little swordsman. This modern revival plays just like the ones you played on the Sega Master System. Slay beasts and occasionally transform into them in this action-platformer that’s a little Zelda, a little Metroid and a ton of fun.
And if modern graphics and sound don’t do it for you, worry not! You can slide from modern to classic 16-bit graphics with the click of a button. Talk about a time warp. This physical release comes with extra goodies too, including a full-color instruction manual (remember those?) a game soundtrack and a slick cell-phone strap.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- The best Lego video games you need to play
- Watch puffballs duke it out in stadium brawls in ‘Kirby Battle Royale’
- This is the Nintendo Switch Gamecube controller of your dreams
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.