- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
Presented by Verizon Wireless
Cord-cutting is the latest craze sweeping the nation and now’s your chance to get in on the bandwagon. New Verizon Wireless Unlimited customers get access to YouTube TV when signing up. Here’s everything you need to know to get started.
What is Verizon Unlimited?
Verizon Wireless is at the forefront of the lightning-fast speeds of 5G. Its Unlimited plans offer the reliability and connectivity surfers and streamers depend on. Each unlimited plan comes with an unlimited mobile hotspot, 4G LTE data, and unlimited talk and text starting at only $35 per line per month.* There are five different plans available tailored for any and all talk and text needs. Plus, with Verizon’s “Mix and Match” program, users with multiple ‘unlimited lines’ can mix & match plans to keep everyone happy. The “Play More Unlimited” plan is perfect for video and music streaming, and the “Just Kids” plan gives peace of mind to screen-conscious parents.
Whatever you and your family’s wireless needs may be, there’s a Verizon plan for you. Plus, certain plans come with six free months of Apple Music, and of course, YouTube TV.
What is YouTube TV?
Internet video streaming was only a wistful dream before YouTube. It’s only natural that everyone’s favorite destination for cats (Nyan, Keyboard, and otherwise) would eventually branch out to streaming more than viral videos.
YouTube TV is the video website’s answer to the subscription streaming service. With it, users can live stream TV with a channel suite of more than 70 channels including FX, ESPN, TBS, and even local channels like ABC, CBS, and Fox.
The streaming service is built with sharing in mind (much like Verizon Unlimited), with one subscription allowing you to stream simultaneously on up to three devices. You can also create up to six profiles per account, making it easy for each member of the family to personalize their viewing experience. Each member can set their own profile, DVR settings, and channel preferences so there’s almost never any fights over the remote. YouTube TV also works on just about every compatible device that streams, from Roku to Nvidia Shield, from Fire TV to Google Chromecast.
How does Verizon with YouTube TV work?
Cashing in on access to YouTube TV is easy enough, whether you’re already a Verizon Wireless Unlimited customer or not. If you’re already enjoying live-streaming at insane speeds and unlimited talk and text, you can get the first month of YouTube TV on Verizon. Among the offerings are the iPhone XR with the Liquid Retina display, and one of the most advanced cameras on a smartphone yet. Or, if you’re more of a Samsung fan, the Galaxy S10+ is as intelligent as it is intuitive.
You can get the first month of YouTube on Verizon Wireless when you purchase a new smartphone on its Unlimited service. Once you’ve performed the eligible transaction, you’ll be sent an email with a unique URL where you can sign up to YouTube TV. After the first month on Verizon, YouTube TV is only $49.99, and you can cancel anytime.
YouTube TV on Verizon Wireless Unlimited: the best way to stream
Verizon Unlimited offers the most reliable network.* It’s the best way to stream more than 70 channels on YouTube TV, whether you’re at home or on the go. Visit Verizon Wireless to take advantage of this offer while it lasts.
*Prices per line for 4 lines. With Auto Pay.
*Based on RootMetrics® by IHS Markit’s RootScore® Reports: 1H 2019. Tested with best commercially available smartphones on 4 national mobile networks across all available network types. Experiences may vary. RootMetrics awards are not an endorsement of Verizon.
Sponsored: The Daily Dot receives payment for sponsored content. Interested in promoting your brand or product? Email us at [email protected] to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.