- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge 2 Months Ago
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Today 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Today 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Today 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Today 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Today 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Today 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Today 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Today 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Today 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Today 10:35 AM
- These are the only online dating sites worth your time Today 10:29 AM
- Jameela Jamil sparks conversation about women having to make the ‘boyfriend excuse’ Today 10:23 AM
- Trump-Russia conspiracy theorists think they’ve found secrets in the Mueller report Today 9:32 AM
- Report: YouTube is done competing with Netflix, Amazon Today 9:27 AM
7 Valentine’s Day chocolate boxes that promise not to suck
Because your boo deserves the best.
When it comes to Valentine’s Day, chocolate is compulsory. You can’t avoid it, no matter how hard you try, so you might as well get the good stuff.
Comedian Jim Gaffigan once said that eating chocolates from a box is always a gamble. You could get caramel, you could get something that tastes like Aquafresh toothpaste. Or worse: you open up the box only to be attacked by a swarm of wasps.
Don’t wait until the last minute and buy a lesser box at your local drugstore in a panic. Choose a chocolate gift sets your boo will actually like.
There’s no silkier chocolate than Dove. Whenever your Valentine reaches for a dark chocolate truffle, they’ll melt over the romantic messages under the candy. It even comes wrapped in a lovely purple bow. Also available in milk chocolate.
Ferrero Rocher hazelnut chocolates are so good they’re wrapped in gold. This box contains 48 hazelnuts enrobed with milk chocolate and a crisp wafer, offering a truffle that almost bites back. Plus, since it comes with 48 chocolates, your boo may be inclined to share them with you.
This box contains heart-shaped truffles in four gourmet flavors to satisfy even picky chocolate palates. Flavors include chocolate almond cream, dark chocolate with cacao nibs, milk chocolate with caramel cream and chocolate hazelnut with toffee bits. Good enough to give away, or to eat alone in a heartbroken binge.
Not everyone goes gaga for fancy chocolates. Some amongst us enjoy unpretentious blue-collar, working stiff candy bars like Twix. This heart-shaped box is filled with Twix Minis, the simple but oh so satisfying caramel cookie coated in chocolate.
If you’re only a casual chocolate fan, look away. Like the Arc of the Covenant, looking at this treasure unprepared will melt your face clean off. Each of the 19 jewel-like pieces in this box are made of only the finest Belgian dark, milk and white chocolates. Flavor profiles include cocoa friendly pals like mint and coffee. If you plan on popping the question, skip the ring and go with this baby.
Price on Amazon: $28.79
If your boo is a little extra, give ’em something a little extra–like this box of gourmet chocolate covered Oreos. Included are 20 dark and white chocolate covered Oreos drizzled with even more chocolate and topped with nuts, sprinkles, coconut, and even dried fruit!
The same sprinkle-covered dark chocolates you know and love, just in a heart shape!
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- 14 Valentine’s Day cards guaranteed to make your partner LOL
- Why gift cards are actually the best Valentine’s Day present of all time
- Don’t forget a condom on Valentine’s Day … for your wine bottle
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.