- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email 3 Years Ago
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot 3 Years Ago
- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says 3 Years Ago
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views 3 Years Ago
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend Today 11:10 AM
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
There are a lot of things going against your typical lighter.
For one, it’s not ideal for use in windy conditions (sorry, outdoor buffs). For another, airport security won’t be very happy to find one in your luggage. And when you miss your flight, neither will you.
The Carteret flameless USB travel lighter fixes these problems at first pass. The stylish device provides a gas-free light that’s impervious to the wind, and it’s even approved by the Transportation Security Administration.
Daily Dot store
Simply flip open the lighter, and you’ll reveal a hotspot that heats up until it’s toasty enough to set anything aflame. It runs on electric power, boasts an internal battery that lasts for 50 uses at a time, and also saves power by shutting off after 15 seconds. The lighter conveniently charges via USB.
You would normally expect to pay $19.99 for the Carteret, but it’s currently $11.99 via the Daily Dot Store. The price includes free shipping to the U.S. Order now to save 40 percent off, and make sure to choose your preferred color on the deal page.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Solé fixed gear bikes will brighten your commute
- Every jetsetter needs the Twist travel charging station
- Get 3 months of Steam’s best video games for 70 percent off
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.