- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console 6 Months Ago
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor 6 Months Ago
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ 6 Months Ago
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations 6 Months Ago
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Today 12:02 PM
- Democratic senator calls Facebook ‘dangerous’ during Libra cryptocurrency hearing Today 11:57 AM
- How ‘Kyle’ became synonymous with angry, Monster Energy-chugging white boys Today 11:22 AM
- Nearly impossible ‘Super Mario Maker 2’ level inspires memes Today 11:16 AM
- Madonna faces backlash for posting photos of her Black daughters with watermelon Today 10:44 AM
- Biden wants to challenge Trump to a push-up contest Today 10:00 AM
- Trump continues to tweet as House gears up to condemn his racist tweets Today 9:21 AM
- Your therapist probably wouldn’t approve of this meme Today 9:06 AM
- Batman Talisman finally lets the villains rule Gotham City Today 8:22 AM
- Controversial #ICEBae divides social media Today 8:22 AM
- Why Veronica Mars doesn’t drop any F-bombs in Hulu’s adult-rated revival Today 7:11 AM
Torrid’s plus-size activewear collection is a slam dunk
Plus size workout clothes have never been this cute!
Presented by Torrid
We’re not sure who decided that plus size activewear should be frumpy, but way too many designers have followed that very bad (and quite frankly fatphobic) lead. No matter your shape or size, you should be able to wear whatever makes you feel hot–even when you’re trying to stay cool
Torrid’s plus size workout line achieves just that. It includes stylish everyday staples like leggings, sports bras, and plus size jogging suits. There are also ever-changing seasonal items, like tanks and bike shorts. Most are designed with a durable active jersey fabric (like spandex) or cotton to keep you comfortable through even the sweatiest of workouts.
Our favorite plus size activewear picks
If you’re in need of more support than a traditional sports bra can offer, a high-neck sports bra like this one won’t do you dirty. Its thick straps support you and your girlies so you can jog, jump, and move with confidence. Designed with moisture-wicking fabric, it’ll keep you from overheating and more importantly, chafing!
Price: $29.23 (regularly $42.90)
Shopping for plus size leggings that speak to your style can be incredibly frustrating since many retailers only stock neutrals with boring designs (if any at all). Her Universe and Torrid, however, are showing other designers how it should be done with these Marvel comic leggings. Designed with nylon and spandex, these high-waisted leggings have plenty of give to keep you comfortable no matter what direction you move in.
Price: $38.23 (regularly $56.90)
If you’ve wondered if cute plus size tank tops actually exist, just take a gander at this Harry Potter top. Crafted from high-quality cotton, this scoop-neck shirt is completely breathable (and pretty much guaranteed to take your geeky trainer’s breath away). Rep what you love, right?
Price: $23.23 (regularly $34.90)
When you think flattering activewear, you probably wouldn’t think to put plus size sweatshirts on the list. But that’s where you’d be wrong–take this adorable off-the-shoulder sweatshirt, for instance. It even features a kangaroo pocket to hold your phone, headphones, keys, or whatever else you may have on you during a workout.
Price: $36.73 (regularly $54.90)
Unlike a drawstring bra, this criss-cross sports bra actually lifts and supports your ta-tas. Also designed with moisture-wicking material, you can say sayonara to that not-so-subtle underboob sweat!
Price: $29.23 (regularly $42.90)
If you consider yourself to be trendy, you’ll want to get your hands on a pair of these plus size bike shorts ASAP. Everyone from Princess Diana to Kim Kardashian West has rocked a pair of these and now you can, too! They’re also perfect if you have that annoying issue of chafed thighs post-workout.
Price: $32.17 (regularly $42.90)
Supportive workout bras are usually plain jane, but not anymore! Meet the Space Jam moisture-wicking sports bra. It features wireless cups, fixed straps, and a silver foil space design for you sci-fi fanatics.
Price: $20.90 (regularly $42.90)
The Daily Dot receives payment for sponsored content. Interested in promoting your brand or product? Email us at [email protected] to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.