- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ 6 Days Ago
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes 6 Days Ago
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website 6 Days Ago
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Today 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Today 10:43 AM
- Steve King says backlash to white nationalism comment was like what Jesus went through Today 10:23 AM
- Netflix movies are still eligible for Oscars, Academy rules Today 10:21 AM
- Sheriff’s deputy makes homophobic comments on Facebook after gay teen’s suicide Today 10:02 AM
- The Marvel movies you actually need to see before ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Today 9:10 AM
- Twitter launches new tool to combat misinformation about voting Today 8:44 AM
- These Cards Will Get You Drunk is the game with one very obvious purpose Today 8:20 AM
- Conservative guy’s Elizabeth Warren op-ed inspires ‘slap in the face’ meme Today 7:37 AM
- ‘Ask Dr. Ruth’ takes a crowd-pleasing look at her life and groundbreaking career Today 7:30 AM
- Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley’s ‘Chaos Walking’ is so bad it’s ‘unreleasable’ Today 7:01 AM
- The best Westerns on YouTube that you can watch for free Today 7:00 AM
13 thoughtful Mother’s Day gifts to fully pamper mom
Way better than macaroni art.
Finding a thoughtful Mother’s Day gift for whoever you call “mom” is easier said than done. Rest easy, because we’ve compiled the ultimate catalog that’s full of solid gifts. The items and ideas listed below are not only thoughtful but will encourage her to truly relax and pamper herself – which is a whole other gift in itself.
PSA: Mother’s Day is May 12 this year. In other words, the pressure to find great gifts for mom is officially on.
Best Mother’s Day gifts you can get online
Scentbird is a monthly perfume subscription service that sends you a 30-day supply of any designer fragrance once a month. This way she can either choose to stay true to her classic self and order the same perfume every month, or she can decide to try new fragrances without buyer’s remorse if it turns out she doesn’t like a scent. Additionally, every first order includes a chic reusable case for your perfumes. Plus, you can cancel at any time without penalty.
Price: $7.45 for the first month, then $14.95 per month
If your mother is essentially Java the Hutt, then you need to get her a cold brew coffee canister. By allowing your grinds to steep in the water instead of shocking them with a flash of heat, you brew a richer, full-bodied cup of joe with less of the bitter bite you may find in other brews. And this airtight Ovalware cold brew container keeps your coffee fresh and chilled in the fridge for up to two weeks!
Taking care of your skin is not only a good idea, but it’s completely necessary. And it requires more than just the occasional smearing of sunblock, but you already know this (thanks mom!). What you may not know is the much-adored brand, The Ordinary, is actually available on Amazon! Which means you can gift mom a basket of serums that you’ve handpicked based on her skin type and needs without having to worry about waiting on one of Sephora’s infamous lines. If you’re not familiar with The Ordinary, it’s a skincare brand that develops “Clinical formulations with integrity” for mass consumption. But if you don’t believe us, maybe you’ll listen to the Redditors who swear by this stuff.
If the mother figure in your life is a total foodie, you’ll definitely want to check out Graze. The online snack supplier sends hand-picked, healthier alternatives to your current snacking habits. And since they’re catered to an individual’s taste and preferences, Mom is guaranteed to love each and every delivery.
Price: $7.99 for the first box, $14.99 each after
You don’t need to be a professional photographer to get the perfect shot. A solid camera like the PANASONIC LUMIX and a little practice are all it takes–so gas your mama up with a new camera and watch as her scrapbook photography becomes something that belongs in a museum. And if you’re wondering why I suggest a LUMIX, let’s look at the perks:
- Capable of shooting both photos and video in 4K
- 5-Axis Hybrid optical image Stabilizer Plus reduces blur and shakiness
- Supports high-quality images with 12.1 MP zoom
- Its rugged design makes it splashproof and dustproof
- Fitted with a Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens that zooms up to 24x!
Price: $397.99 (regularly $597.99)
Sore and achy muscles got nothing on this back, neck, shoulder, and leg massager. Designed with soft and durable fabric, this heated massager uses a deep-kneading motion to untwist and untie knots that have been around longer than you!
Okay, I know what you’re thinking, “A toothbrush?!” Well, this isn’t just any toothbrush. It comes recommended by dentists for a few reasons: it delivers 40,000 brush strokes per minute, reduces plaque and gingivitis better than manual toothbrushes, and get this – it even cleans itself. Its base uses powerful ultraviolet C-rays to kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria. After all, your mouth is only as clean as your toothbrush!
Different cultures around the world have been practicing aromatherapy for centuries. The practice has proven to help alleviate stress and anxiety as well as improve your overall mood. And depending on the essential oil you decide to diffuse, this little tool can be a remedy for a garden variety of physical ailments too! For example, peppermint oil has been proven effective in treating migraines. And this particular diffuser is WiFi and Alexa-enabled, making it smarter than most.
You may have heard of a “shower beer,” but a tub wine is really where it’s at. Seriously, what could be more peaceful than sippin’ on your favorite vino while surrounded by bubbles and isolating from any possible annoyances?! Nothing. Which is why you seriously need to give your mom a SipCaddy, so she can take a bath and drink her wine without fear of knocking it over, breaking the glass or dropping the whole thing in the bath.
For those of you that don’t know, Pimsleur is an online foreign language learning program. The system offers language classes in over 50 languages – from Arabic to Vietnamese and everything in-between! Pimsleur’s programs are so successful because each class is broken up into a 30-minute lesson. So your attention span doesn’t even have time to tap out before you’ve learned a new word or phrase. And by using its proven method, Pimsleur users are able to speak, understand and read in a new language effectively and efficiently.
Price: gift cards available in multiple denominations starting at $25
The smoothing professionals like Starbucks and Jamba Juice reach for this weapon when they have to blend something. The motor blends whole vegetables, fruits, and ice into velvety smooth juice. It’s so strong it will heat a few ingredients into soup without the need for a stove. Everything from almond butter to sorbet and even pizza dough is only a few pulses away. If you’re looking for the best blender to see you through for decades, bet on Vitamix. It’ll have your mom shouting, “I can’t believe I made that!” every time she breaks it out.
No gift is more timeless than a fresh bouquet of beautiful flowers. Whether it’s an indulgent bouquet of roses or the sweet scent of lilies, no mom can resist being showered with flowers on Mother’s Day. The smile delivery specialists at 1800Flowers.com have designed hundreds of different bouquets to choose from. You can even throw in an edible arrangement or gift baskets for a delectable treat. 1800flowers.com even has same-day delivery to help ensure Mom’s gift gets there on time.
Show mom how much you appreciate her support with a pampering gift she can use every day: a customizable tumbler. Pair it with her favorite beverage of choice. Whether she prefers iced coffee over iced tea or wine over water, Tervis has all kinds of different containers with fun patterns and lovely motivational words. They make an easy, thoughtful gift, and she’ll smile every time she takes a sip.
Need more Mother’s Day gift ideas?
- The best Mother’s Day gifts for every budget
- The best Mother’s Day gifts and gadgets for high-tech moms
- 5 thoughtful last-minute Mother’s Day gift ideas
- 25 Mother’s Day cards for every type of mom
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Featured items are sponsored and The Daily Dot receives payment. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.