- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
Cooking a perfect meal on turkey day is no easy task. Here are 8 Thanksgiving tools that will make your dinner so perfect Martha Stewart would blush.
If you don’t care for turkey, there’s a good chance that you’ve never had a good one. When brined, your bird comes out succulent, golden brown and incredibly juicy. Just dissolve this contents of this kit in a bucket with ice, soak your turkey and bake as usual. Even if you overcook it, it will look like it came out of a Norman Rockwell painting. Available in cajun, herb and apple and sage flavors.
Price on Amazon: $9.77
The most essential Thanksgiving tools for making a great turkey (aside from the brining kit) always include a solid roasting pan. This one is heavy duty steel and comes with a U-rack that holds your bird upright, two turkey lifters, a baster and a meat thermometer. Plus, you get a fancy electric knife to dispatch your perfectly roasted bird in minutes. It’s great for turkey, but equally suitable for Easter hams and holiday roasts.
Price on Amazon: $90
Don’t reach for nasty jarred gravy. Place your turkey drippings into this gravy separator and make a yummy, restaurant quality gravy that’s so good you’ll cry when it’s gone. A simple squeeze of a handle drains flavorful liquids from the fat, so you can expertly combine the two using any simple recipe.
Price on Amazon: $15.99
Move over teflon and copper, there’s a new non-stick coating in town. This marble-coated pan is great for every manner of quick task throughout Turkey Day, whether you’re making a bowl of glazed yams or sautéing celery and onions for stuffing. Nothing sticks to the surface, and it wipes clean with a simple rinse. It’s a Thanksgiving workhorse to be sure, but you’ll be using it every other day of the year too. Plus, it’s just plain sexy.
Price on Amazon: $38.99 (regularly $44.99)
If you’re going to spend time making a super tasty gravy, don’t just serve it out of a cereal bowl. Frame your masterpiece in a fancy new gravy boat and wow your guests. The white porcelain will make your rich brown sauce really pop. Heck, it will even elevate sub-par canned gravy. I mean, look how Downton Abbey it looks!
Price on Amazon: $16
6) Potato ricer
The secret to velvety mashed potatoes isn’t a secret at all. Use your favorite recipe, but press your potatoes to smithereens with this ricer. Then all you have to do is mix with a whisk or spatula to get a super silky puree. It’s easy to use and comes apart to clean by hand or in the dishwasher. A serious potato game changer and a must have for your Thanksgiving tools.
Price on Amazon: $16
On Thanksgiving, your hands are going to be putting stuff in and out of ovens for hours. Avert any disaster by sliding these heat-proof gloves on. The outer layer is made of high end Kevlar, while the inside is lined with warm and cozy cotton. It’s heat resistant up to 932 degrees to resist hot turkey fat, pan handles and casserole dishes.
Price on Amazon: $12.99 (regularly $15.99)
This may not seem like the kind of tool made for Thanksgiving, but it is. This waffle iron is going to be your new best friend. Shove all your leftovers from turkey, stuffing, potatoes and even cranberry sauce and press down hard. In minutes, you’ll have a leftover waffle that kicks the giblets out of any sandwich. Drown it in gravy and thank me later.
Price on Amazon: $26.99
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Serve up some stylish soup with this ceramic pumpkin tureen
- These Super Mario stoppers make cheap wine taste better
- It’s lit: Yankee Candle is having a major sale on fall scents
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.