- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Tuesday 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Tuesday 10:06 AM
The Switch Pro controller is awesome, but maybe a little too pricey. These alternatives are cheaper and better than the real thing, not to mention more versatile.
1) SNES Pro
Satisfy your nostalgia and your need for a Pro Controller in one fell swoop. This baby harkens back to the glorious 32-bit era. It’s compatible with your Switch, but it works on your Mac and Windows PC as well as countless other devices.
Price: $44.99 (regularly $49.99)
These controllers aren’t wireless, but so what? You’re glued to your television anyway. These controllers cost about a third of the real thing, plus, they’re smack full of Nintendo aesthetic. Two sexy colors are available: legendary black Zelda or bright plumber red Mario.
Price on Amazon: $24.85
3) Arcade Stick
Button mashers rejoice! If you dream in Hadoukens, this is the controller for you. Any game can be an arcade classic if you try hard enough. It works equally well whether you’re playing Street Fighter on your Nintendo Switch or on Steam. It’s also infinitely moddable if you simply can’t take down M. Bison through conventional methods.
Price on Amazon: $59.99
4) NES Pro
To many, Nintendo’s first console outing is still their favorite. Like the SNES Pro, this controller works on the Switch but it also works on Windows and Mac PCs, and even some mobile devices. It’s also paper thin and as portable as a Gameboy Pocket.
Price on Amazon: $34.99
If you squint while looking at it, you would never know this alternative wasn’t a legit Switch Pro Controller. There are no frills here, but it’s just as wireless as the real thing, and at more than half the price to boot.
Price on Amazon: $19.99
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- How to use Nintendo’s Switch eShop to its fullest
- Smash Bros. Ultimate Essentials to Make You King Of The Ring
- Dare I call the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Pro Controller sexy?
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.