- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer 1 Year Ago
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Today 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Today 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Today 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
5 Nintendo Switch Pro Controller alternatives better than the real thing
…and cheaper too!
The Switch Pro controller is awesome, but maybe a little too pricey. These alternatives are cheaper and better than the real thing, not to mention more versatile.
1) SNES Pro
Satisfy your nostalgia and your need for a Pro Controller in one fell swoop. This baby harkens back to the glorious 32-bit era. It’s compatible with your Switch, but it works on your Mac and Windows PC as well as countless other devices.
Price: $44.99 (regularly $49.99)
These controllers aren’t wireless, but so what? You’re glued to your television anyway. These controllers cost about a third of the real thing, plus, they’re smack full of Nintendo aesthetic. Two sexy colors are available: legendary black Zelda or bright plumber red Mario.
Price on Amazon: $24.85
3) Arcade Stick
Button mashers rejoice! If you dream in Hadoukens, this is the controller for you. Any game can be an arcade classic if you try hard enough. It works equally well whether you’re playing Street Fighter on your Nintendo Switch or on Steam. It’s also infinitely moddable if you simply can’t take down M. Bison through conventional methods.
Price on Amazon: $59.99
4) NES Pro
To many, Nintendo’s first console outing is still their favorite. Like the SNES Pro, this controller works on the Switch but it also works on Windows and Mac PCs, and even some mobile devices. It’s also paper thin and as portable as a Gameboy Pocket.
Price on Amazon: $34.99
If you squint while looking at it, you would never know this alternative wasn’t a legit Switch Pro Controller. There are no frills here, but it’s just as wireless as the real thing, and at more than half the price to boot.
Price on Amazon: $19.99
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- How to use Nintendo’s Switch eShop to its fullest
- Smash Bros. Ultimate Essentials to Make You King Of The Ring
- Dare I call the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Pro Controller sexy?
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.