- The atonement of an alt-right troll 11 Months Ago
- #StopTheBans protests draw thousands across the country in support of abortion rights 11 Months Ago
- North Korea is using Trump’s low IQ attack on Joe Biden Today 9:14 AM
- How to watch ‘Kidding’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- What’s the deal with Bran Stark at the end of ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch TruTV online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’ is the most legendary crossover of all time
Isabelle is about to update her business card.
If you’re like most Nintendo fans, you were born ready for this battle. Get ready to get back in the ring in the upcoming mega brawler Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Yes, all your favorite Nintendo fighters are here. Super Mario, Kirby, Samus, and even the sexy Captain Falcon are back. There’s even a freshly re-done Breath of the Wild Link. Nintendo isn’t using the word Ultimate lightly here. The upcoming Switch title will have every fighter from past entries, including all of the DLC from the Wii U version. That means Ryu from Street Fighter, Cloud from Final Fantasy VII, Bayonetta, and Solid Snake will once again grace the battlefield.
There are newcomers joining the fray as well. Metroid nemesis Ridley and Inklings from Splatoon will shake up the ring with their unique moves and skillsets. The roster just keeps on getting bigger and better. Simon and Richter Belmont from Castlevania bring their vampire hunting skills to the fray. And King K. Rool, Donkey Kong’s nemesis is back with a vengeance. Incineroar and Ken Masters are rounding off the roster, which is clocking in at 74! But wait…there’s more!
Somehow even Pirahna Plant, that common Mario enemy, weaseled its way onto the roster. But it will only be available if you buy and register the game by January 31, 2019. Plus, there’s a whole wave of DLC coming all next year.
Ready your favorite controller, gather a group of friends (or enemies) and pre-order Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The Nintendo Switch exclusive releases on December 7 and is available for pre-order on Amazon for $59.99.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Score a gorgeous retro console with our SNES Classic Edition giveaway
- What is Raspberry Pi? A DIY retro gaming console waiting to happen
- Turn your Switch into an arcade cabinet with this $20 kit
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.