- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
Show off your intellectual gaming skills with Super Mario chess
You’ve heard of Luigi’s Mansion, Mario Kart and Super Mario Odyssey, but have you heard of Super Mario chess? Probably not.
Played with the same rules as traditional chess, this set is just as much fun to play as it is to display. Players pick a team comprised of 16 of the most iconic characters of the Nintendo series and then battle it out. The chess set uses 32 hand-painted characters in place of kings, queens, and pawns. Including Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Toad, 1-Up Mushroom, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Birdo, Goomba, Hammer Bros., and Magikoopa.
Super Mario chess may not get as competitive (or relationship crumbling) as Mario Kart, but it can definitely put a wedge in a relationship. Which is why it’s imperative to think about the moves you want to make before you actually make them.
The collector’s edition chess set is available through Amazon for $34.97. That’s 30% off its usual retail price of $50! And no, we’re not chomping your chain.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- Alright! ‘Bob’s Burgers’ cooked up a tasty recipe for Clue
- Smash Bros. Ultimate Essentials to Make You King Of The Ring
- 22 party games that deserve a spot at the dinner table this holiday season
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.