- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Today 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Today 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Today 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
If you’re a connoisseur of all things retro in the video game world, you need to see this book.
Called Super Famicom: The Box Art, this compendium is made by Bitmap Books, the one-man project of Sam Dyer. In an interview with the Daily Dot, Dyer explained how he goes about creating these odes of each of gaming’s most memorable eras by showcasing their box art alongside writing from fans, critics, and the games’ creators. And now you can score his beautiful Super Famicom book for less than retail price!
ThinkGeek has marked the book down to $24.99 from its usual $35.99 price tag, which is a must-buy. And if you find yourself as addicted to Bitmap’s elegant presentations as we are, you might want to know Dyer’s tribute to the Nintendo Entertainment System is on the way in February.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- These handsome utilitarian watches are $150 off right now
- Gamers should get the Razer collector’s mouse while it’s 40 percent off
- This deceptively slim wallet fits all your pocket essentials
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.