- Review: ‘Next in Fashion’ is Netflix’s latest attempt at reality TV Today 7:00 AM
- What is Byte, and can it really compete with TikTok? Today 7:00 AM
- Migrants are under social media surveillance—and that’s a problem for everyone Today 6:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union deserves better from Terry Crews Tuesday 11:12 PM
- T.I. publicly apologizes to daughters after Kobe Bryant’s death Tuesday 8:46 PM
- ‘Squash the boss’: Labor union seemingly unknowingly posted furry fetish art Tuesday 8:04 PM
- TikTok user pretending to be lab technician who has contracted coronavirus Tuesday 7:08 PM
- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
If you’re over 30, surely seeing the Star Lord’s Walkman in Guardians of the Galaxy gave you a twinge of nostalgia. Cassettes were a pain in the butt with their unspooling tapes, but that bother was outweighed by the memories of the music we found thanks to them.
ThinkGeek sells a replica of the item that’s got all the retro goodness with modern functionality. You can connect your phone to it and use it as a speaker, or even record your own voice with it if you want to. It comes with the song “Come a Little Bit Closer” built-in, of course, because that’s of the theme of the Awesome mix. And it also comes with those good old fashioned headphones with the foam cups over the ears. You know the ones.
The Star Lord’s Walkman is $39.99 and in stock at ThinkGeek now. If you buy it, be prepared to be stopped in the street by strangers exclaiming, “Is that a Walkman?”
Why. yes. Yes, it is.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- ‘The Art of Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Steampunk’ is a must for your library
- Face off against your foul-mouthed friends in Deadpool vs. The World – a totally NSFW card game
- Turn your Switch into an arcade cabinet with this $20 kit
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.