- Hong Kong protesters wear LeBron James masks Wednesday 7:58 PM
- Gina Rodriguez has said N-word before, Twitter discovers Wednesday 6:54 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Broncos on Thursday Night Football Wednesday 6:00 PM
- Feds take down dark web’s largest known child porn site Wednesday 5:33 PM
- Ben Shapiro says his ‘man body’ is just as controlled as women’s Wednesday 5:06 PM
- Genius turns Kylie Jenner’s ‘rise and shine’ meme into alarm ringtone Wednesday 4:14 PM
- In ‘Tell Me Who I Am,’ twin brothers grapple with hidden trauma Wednesday 4:13 PM
- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ Wednesday 3:07 PM
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Wednesday 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Wednesday 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Wednesday 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Wednesday 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Wednesday 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Wednesday 11:14 AM
Deep in the food realms of Pinterest, there is an army of slow cooker fans who have figured out how to create delicious home-cooked meals while barely stepping foot in the kitchen. Grandmas everywhere must get a kick out of this trend, but we’ll have the last laugh, because technology has made the Crock-Pot even better.
This smart Crock-Pot is Wi-Fi enabled, meaning you can cook dinner without even being home. Sure, you could do that before, but this allows you to turn the slow cooker on and off, as well as change the heat settings—all from your phone.
You control the slow cooker through the WeMo app, which is compatible with Apple and Android devices. A notification is sent when the meal is complete or the slow cooker turns off.
The 6-quart container can hold up to 6 lbs of pork, or a whole chicken. Afterward, you can safely place the removable stoneware dish and glass lid into the dishwasher.
Normally priced at $150, you can currently save 38 percent on this helpful meal planning machine and get it for just $93. While that’s still steeper than most Crock-Pots, think about the money saved when you can actually use your slow cooker.
Since most slow cooker meals require 6-8 hours, and the average employee works over 40 hours a week, this device allows you to cook more meals at home and actually enjoy them. If you’re running late, just switch settings from low to warm, instead of coming home to a soupy, overcooked dinner. You can also delay the cooking schedule, and turn the slow cooker on later in the day.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- 10 kitchen gadgets to help wean you off takeout
- Cut cable for good with SelectTV: Get 1 year for $19
- 5 essential beauty tools for feeling your best self
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Christine Burkson is the Senior Ecommerce Manager of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on product reviews, Amazon deals, and online shopping. She previously served as an editor at Mashable, where she helped build the site's viral news section, and Yahoo, where she focused on DIY culture. Her work has also appeared on Bustle.