- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 3 Years Ago
- TikTok is being used to call out predators 3 Years Ago
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding 3 Years Ago
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Today 11:47 AM
- In ‘Wild Rose,’ a star is born Today 11:39 AM
- The Sinking City realizes Lovecraftian horror in a new light Today 11:16 AM
- The ‘Avengers: Endgame’ re-release sounds pretty underwhelming Today 11:10 AM
- Google employees won’t be allowed to speak out against YouTube during Pride Today 10:43 AM
- YouTuber Etika found dead, NYPD confirms Today 10:39 AM
- Andrew Yang is holding a universal basic income giveaway Today 10:38 AM
- League of Legends streamer busted live by girlfriend after she finds his Tinder Today 10:19 AM
- Samuel L. Jackson roasts ‘Spider-Man’ marketing gaffe Today 8:49 AM
- Trump cites long-dead ayatollah while announcing Iran sanction Today 8:46 AM
- Why a far-right conspiracy about Ilhan Omar is in the news again Today 7:46 AM
- Razer publicly shames female influencer who tweeted about being sexually harassed Today 7:45 AM
10 thoughtful handmade gifts that support small businesses
You can still shop small without leaving your bed.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday get all the credit for being the shopping holidays. Smaller businesses can’t afford the kind of marketing and advertising required to grab shopper’s attention, and product prices are often inflated because they can’t afford mass manufacturing.
This weekend, try shopping small, even local if possible. We know that not every town has local shops conveniently located, but Etsy and even Amazon’s handmade section are full of talented, independent makers and artists. A lot are even having their own sales today in honor of the occasion.
Think of the lovely, thoughtful gift options available. Here’s some inspiration to make life a little simpler during this hectic time of year.
Price on Etsy: $9.25
Price on Amazon: $32.00
Price on Amazon Handmade: $15.99
Price on Etsy: $12.00
Price on Etsy: $44.00
Price on Amazon: $26.00
Price on Etsy: $45.00+
Price on Etsy: $13.00
Price on Etsy: $8.96
Price on Etsy: $6.00
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.