- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
Black Friday and Cyber Monday get all the credit for being the shopping holidays. Smaller businesses can’t afford the kind of marketing and advertising required to grab shopper’s attention, and product prices are often inflated because they can’t afford mass manufacturing.
This weekend, try shopping small, even local if possible. We know that not every town has local shops conveniently located, but Etsy and even Amazon’s handmade section are full of talented, independent makers and artists. A lot are even having their own sales today in honor of the occasion.
Think of the lovely, thoughtful gift options available. Here’s some inspiration to make life a little simpler during this hectic time of year.
Price on Etsy: $9.25
Price on Amazon: $32.00
Price on Amazon Handmade: $15.99
Price on Etsy: $12.00
Price on Etsy: $44.00
Price on Amazon: $26.00
Price on Etsy: $45.00+
Price on Etsy: $13.00
Price on Etsy: $8.96
Price on Etsy: $6.00
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Marisa Losciale specializes in NSFW culture, audio gear, and photography. A former editorial and photo director for Spoon University at SUNY New Paltz, her work has been featured in the Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies, Post-Trash, the New Paltz Oracle, and the Legislative Gazette.