- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
Your word processor might be good for producing shorter documents, but any long-form writing can be painful to draft.
For those wordier projects, authors can use Scrivener 2. This award-winning writing app for PC and Mac clears away unnecessary clutter and allows you to focus on narrative. In addition, it offers several writing aids for constructing storylines, saving ideas, and formatting your text. Basically, this power app offers you the ultimate writing workflow.
While your words flow onto the page, Scrivener stays out of the way. The distraction-free interface removes formatting tools from sight, while the full-screen view hides enticing time-wasters. The app allows you to individually edit specific sections of text, as well as to save multiple versions of each draft with its “snapshots” feature.
For research and planning, Scrivener offers a built-in outliner and storyboarding feature. Creative writers will particularly enjoy the ability to track character development and rearrange plotlines. You can easily “float” research documents above your work, and to easily export any of your manuscripts to Final Draft mode. Your desktop app also syncs with third-party text editors on mobile platforms for writing on the go.
Scrivener is a powerful, versatile writing tool, and long-form wordsmiths will notice a major upgrade. Through the Daily Dot Store, you can currently download the app at half price—that’s $22.50 for Mac, and $20 for Windows.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Christine Burkson is the Senior Ecommerce Manager of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on product reviews, Amazon deals, and online shopping. She previously served as an editor at Mashable, where she helped build the site's viral news section, and Yahoo, where she focused on DIY culture. Her work has also appeared on Bustle.