- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle 4 Years Ago
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
Your word processor might be good for producing shorter documents, but any long-form writing can be painful to draft.
For those wordier projects, authors can use Scrivener 2. This award-winning writing app for PC and Mac clears away unnecessary clutter and allows you to focus on narrative. In addition, it offers several writing aids for constructing storylines, saving ideas, and formatting your text. Basically, this power app offers you the ultimate writing workflow.
While your words flow onto the page, Scrivener stays out of the way. The distraction-free interface removes formatting tools from sight, while the full-screen view hides enticing time-wasters. The app allows you to individually edit specific sections of text, as well as to save multiple versions of each draft with its “snapshots” feature.
For research and planning, Scrivener offers a built-in outliner and storyboarding feature. Creative writers will particularly enjoy the ability to track character development and rearrange plotlines. You can easily “float” research documents above your work, and to easily export any of your manuscripts to Final Draft mode. Your desktop app also syncs with third-party text editors on mobile platforms for writing on the go.
Scrivener is a powerful, versatile writing tool, and long-form wordsmiths will notice a major upgrade. Through the Daily Dot Store, you can currently download the app at half price—that’s $22.50 for Mac, and $20 for Windows.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Christine Burkson is the Senior Ecommerce Manager of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on product reviews, Amazon deals, and online shopping. She previously served as an editor at Mashable, where she helped build the site's viral news section, and Yahoo, where she focused on DIY culture. Her work has also appeared on Bustle.