- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
This clever app fixes the worst part of shopping
No lines, no awkward small talk with the cashier about your purchases.
Presented by Sam’s Club
If the thought of crowded checkout lines is enough to trigger a panic attack, listen up. Sam’s Club created an app that could change the future of shopping if more stores considered it. (Pro-tip, retailers: we think you should.)
The Sam’s Club Scan and Go app lets you shop and pay with your phone. No lines, no awkward small talk with the cashier about your purchases. Just scan items as you add them into your cart, and then pay when you’re ready.
Similar to self-checkout stations, your phone can scan UPC codes on products to add them to your list. The app also has a simple manual entry feature for items without a barcode, like produce.
You can edit the shopping list as you go, in case you change your mind about an item. Just put the item back, and delete from your list. This makes it easy to budget because you know exactly how much you’re spending the entire time—no surprises. Once you’re done shopping and payment is complete, show the digital proof of purchase to the Sam’s Club greeter and be on your way.
The app stores your credit card info so you can pay without having to rummage around your bag. Even better: You will never have to live the painfully awkward experience that is realizing you forgot your wallet at home…after a cashier has rung you up.
The app is free to download, and compatible with Android and iOS devices. You’ll need a Sam’s Club membership to use it, which gets you the benefit of hassle-free shopping, plus other great benefits and deep discounts for as low as $45 annually.
The Daily Dot receives payment for sponsored content. This post does not constitute our endorsement or review of the product. Interested in promoting your brand or product? Email us at [email protected] to learn more.