- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute Today 12:28 AM
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
This clever app fixes the worst part of shopping
No lines, no awkward small talk with the cashier about your purchases.
Presented by Sam’s Club
If the thought of crowded checkout lines is enough to trigger a panic attack, listen up. Sam’s Club created an app that could change the future of shopping if more stores considered it. (Pro-tip, retailers: we think you should.)
The Sam’s Club Scan and Go app lets you shop and pay with your phone. No lines, no awkward small talk with the cashier about your purchases. Just scan items as you add them into your cart, and then pay when you’re ready.
Similar to self-checkout stations, your phone can scan UPC codes on products to add them to your list. The app also has a simple manual entry feature for items without a barcode, like produce.
You can edit the shopping list as you go, in case you change your mind about an item. Just put the item back, and delete from your list. This makes it easy to budget because you know exactly how much you’re spending the entire time—no surprises. Once you’re done shopping and payment is complete, show the digital proof of purchase to the Sam’s Club greeter and be on your way.
The app stores your credit card info so you can pay without having to rummage around your bag. Even better: You will never have to live the painfully awkward experience that is realizing you forgot your wallet at home…after a cashier has rung you up.
The app is free to download, and compatible with Android and iOS devices. You’ll need a Sam’s Club membership to use it, which gets you the benefit of hassle-free shopping, plus other great benefits and deep discounts for as low as $45 annually.
The Daily Dot receives payment for sponsored content. This post does not constitute our endorsement or review of the product. Interested in promoting your brand or product? Email us at [email protected] to learn more.