- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Saturday 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Saturday 6:00 AM
- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
Gamers can grab ‘Rocket League’ for a little less with this Amazon deal
Replace the burning hole in your pocket with some burning rubber on the soccer field.
PC gamers with a burning hole in their pocket should head to Amazon, where Rocket League is currently 40 percent off for the downloadable version. It’s usually $19.99, but you can purchase the game for $11.98 for a limited time.
Rocket League is one of the hottest PC games right now, especially in the esports community. It launched in July 2015, and quickly surpassed 5 million downloads in the first three weeks. For those who aren’t familiar, the sports-action game puts you in the driver’s seat in an arena. Except you’re racing to chase soccer balls into goalposts instead of a finish line.
The deal, which you can check out here, applies to the online game version only. Once purchased, you will receive a code that can be used on Steam. Rocket League is only compatible with Windows computers, as the game developers at Psyonix have not yet released a version for OS X or Steam OS.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Christine Burkson is the Senior Ecommerce Manager of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on product reviews, Amazon deals, and online shopping. She previously served as an editor at Mashable, where she helped build the site's viral news section, and Yahoo, where she focused on DIY culture. Her work has also appeared on Bustle.