- 2018 belonged to trans people Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Today 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Today 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Today 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash (updated) Saturday 10:22 AM
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free Saturday 8:30 AM
Gamers can grab ‘Rocket League’ for a little less with this Amazon deal
Replace the burning hole in your pocket with some burning rubber on the soccer field.
PC gamers with a burning hole in their pocket should head to Amazon, where Rocket League is currently 40 percent off for the downloadable version. It’s usually $19.99, but you can purchase the game for $11.98 for a limited time.
Rocket League is one of the hottest PC games right now, especially in the esports community. It launched in July 2015, and quickly surpassed 5 million downloads in the first three weeks. For those who aren’t familiar, the sports-action game puts you in the driver’s seat in an arena. Except you’re racing to chase soccer balls into goalposts instead of a finish line.
The deal, which you can check out here, applies to the online game version only. Once purchased, you will receive a code that can be used on Steam. Rocket League is only compatible with Windows computers, as the game developers at Psyonix have not yet released a version for OS X or Steam OS.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Christine Burkson is the Senior Ecommerce Manager of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on product reviews, Amazon deals, and online shopping. She previously served as an editor at Mashable, where she helped build the site's viral news section, and Yahoo, where she focused on DIY culture. Her work has also appeared on Bustle.