- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
Summer means pool parties, beach trips, and a million other fun threats to your phone.
As the amount of tech in everyday life keeps increasing, life gets easier, but keeping these devices safe and secure grows more paramount.
Smartphones, in particular, are prolific. They are most susceptible to danger, especially in the summer, as anyone who’s ever jumped into the ocean and forgot what was in their pockets will tell you.
Cases and screen protectors aren’t foolproof, but they do help increase the survival chances of your very important devices. The odds will be more in your favor with these accessories.
Best protective iPhone cases and accessories
1) Otterbox iPhone case ($32)
One of the best cases on the market for Apple and Samsung phones is made by Otterbox. The company has many years of experience at protecting devices and won many awards for the quality.
Their Commuter Series cases are perfect for people who want to keep their devices safe without a lot of bulk. The lightweight two-piece case slides easily in and out of pockets, and port covers block dust from clogging up your connections.
I can attest from personal experience that phones dropped from waist height have emerged unscathed. The shell exterior and synthetic rubber interior is tested more than 230 hours, and the company stands behind their product for one year.
The case comes with a screen protector to block scratches from getting to the touchscreen. Drop your phone inside a messenger bag with confidence, or feel comfortable knowing your device is safe in the clumsiest hands.
2) LifeProof cases ($43+)
If waterproofing is something you need, LifeProof provides solid protection from all elements. It’s the case you need when hitting the beach or snow slopes.
The design is rated to be waterproof and snow-proof up to 2 meters for one hour. It seals the phone and keeps out snow, ice, dirt, and dust particles as well.
Worried about an unexpected drop? The case can take a fall from more than six feet and still protect the device inside. The case also includes a built-in screen cover to protect the touchscreen from scuffs and scratches.
A variety of accessories for the case let you use your phone as a hands-free camera for any outdoor activities. An optical glass lens protector provides for a clear barrier for those action shots while snorkeling.
3) InvisibleShield glass protector ($23)
If you have a case you love or maybe don’t want to use a case at all but want to protect your screen, InvisibleShield from Zagg offers a secure fit, layered protection, and easy application for your peace of mind.
As the name implies, the cover also is virtually invisible, helping to keep your phone’s natural lines and design clear for everyone to admire. There are different styles to choose, offering different levels of protection. However, whether for an Apple or Samsung phone, each cover provides shatter protection in an all-clear design.
There is also a design that curves around the edges of newer curved screen, making sure the impact and scratch protection extends from edge to edge. The cover is also smudge resistant with an oil-resistant design to keep your screen free from grimy fingerprints.
In addition to smartphone screen protectors, tablets and smartwatches can also be kept safe using the same technology. Find the one that fits your needs and your comfortable level of protection.
4) WHOOSH! ($7)
Some people (ahem, me) prefer not to have any covers on their screens, rolling the dice that nothing bad will ever mar their pristine touchscreens. However, those fingerprints and smudges will have to go. I do have some standards.
Whoosh! is a screen cleaner that is non-toxic, odorless, free from alcohol and ammonia, and safe for all screens, including eyeglasses. It comes with an antimicrobial cloth that doesn’t scratch or damage any screen.
The solution leaves behind a very thin coating that helps prevent those oily fingerprints from returning quickly. Just spray the solution on the included cloth, wipe and admire the clean surface without any residual streaks.
It also works on television screens, watches, and camera lenses with similar results. Computer screen also get smudges from time to time, and Whoosh! cleans them up quickly and safely.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- 3 best outdoor speakers to pump up your summer
- The best keyboard for every type
- 4 photo gadgets that are worth the splurge
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.