- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed 4 Months Ago
- Stephen A. Smith is baby 4 Months Ago
- Tfue releases statement on FaZe Clan lawsuit, says his contract is ‘f*cked’ 4 Months Ago
- People are using an app to out gropers on Japan’s subway Today 11:24 AM
- Trump misspelled ‘accomplishments’ on handwritten notes, photo shows Today 11:12 AM
- HUD proposal would allow homeless shelters to refuse trans people Today 10:44 AM
- Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ remake isn’t terrible Today 10:11 AM
- Police under investigation after running over 1-year-old child Today 9:16 AM
- Who is Jannah, the breakout star of ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 9:10 AM
- Trump revives his ‘dumb as a rock’ insult for Rex Tillerson Today 9:03 AM
- Forget Hot Jafar. All hail Fat Ursula Today 8:14 AM
- How to watch ‘The Affair’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- Olivia Wilde’s ‘Booksmart’ is a teen comedy that will actually age well Today 7:45 AM
- Conservative rising star Kyle Kashuv busted using the N-word a whole bunch Today 7:14 AM
- How to watch ‘The Name of the Rose’ for free Today 7:00 AM
Amazon is offering a Prime Video streaming deal that TV fans shouldn’t miss
Nab that premium content without breaking the bank.
Amazon’s Prime Video streaming service offers a bevy of premium channels you can access straight from your Amazon account. And right now, for a limited time only, they are available to try at a price that’s cheaper than anywhere else.
New subscribers who sign up before January 17 can add premium channels to their Prime Video account for 40% off. The deal applies to Showtime, Starz, PBS Masterpiece, and Lifetime Movie Club. The discounted price applies to the first three months of your subscription.
Prime Video lets you stream your favorite TV shows and movies, and comes complimentary with every Amazon Prime subscription. Like a cable package, you’re able to buy special premium channels a la carte, such as HBO, Showtime, and Starz. If you don’t have Amazon Prime, you can try it risk-free for 30 days.
Prime Video Streaming premium channels
Here are the channels offered at a 40% discount for three months. After the discounted trial ends, each channel will renew at the usual price. However, you can cancel anytime.
Showtime’s movie selection offers a wide scope of films to stream, from indie dramas to blockbuster action flicks. Its original series qualify as prestige television, whether you’re finally getting into Shameless or watching the entire Dexter series…again. Every show from Showtime’s library is at your fingertips with this Prime Video streaming channel.
Price: $6.59/month (regularly $10.99)
- The best movies on Showtime and Showtime Anytime
- The best documentaries on Showtime
- The best Showtime original series of all time
Starz may not be on the scale of HBO or Showtime, but what it lacks in stature it makes up for in heart. It also offers a massive library of classic films from the ’60s-’90s that put Netflix and Hulu to shame. It’s a perfect Prime Video streaming channel if you love vintage hits like Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Plus, there are original series to get hooked on like Power and American Gods.
Price: $5.39/month (regularly $8.99)
- The best movies on Starz
- The sexiest movies and TV shows streaming on Starz
- ‘American Gods’ season 2 is officially underway
PBS Masterpiece was making prestige television way before Tony Soprano’s first therapy session. Now, you can enjoy the entire PBS Masterpiece library for only $3.59 a month for three months. It’s one of the only games in town if you want to take in a period piece like Victoria and Elizabeth I: The Virgin Queen. It’s a Prime Video streaming channel that might actually feed your head while you binge.
Price: $3.59/month (regularly $5.99)
This premium channel is strictly for those who love curling up on the couch and indulging in some serious guilty pleasure dramas. Get access to a steady rotation of new movies each week, including true crime dramas Who Killed JonBenét? and Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret. All content is available on-demand and totally commercial free. Indulge every guilty pleasure with this Prime Video streaming channel.
Price: $2.39/month (regularly $3.99)
Still not sure what to watch on Amazon? Here are the best Amazon originals, the best documentaries on Amazon Prime, what’s new on Amazon, the best 4K movies, thrillers on Amazon Prime, alien movies, and the sexiest movies you can stream right now.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.