- Forget Hot Jafar. All hail Fat Ursula 10 Months Ago
- How to watch ‘The Affair’ for free 10 Months Ago
- Olivia Wilde’s ‘Booksmart’ is a teen comedy that will actually age well 10 Months Ago
- Conservative rising star Kyle Kashuv busted using the N-word a whole bunch Today 7:14 AM
- How to watch ‘The Name of the Rose’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- The Anthony Kennedy-Trump money laundering conspiracy is back—and as inaccurate as ever Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the FIFA U-20 World Cup online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
PrettyLitter can detect your cat’s health issues before they become serious
You’ve never been this happy to see cat poop.
Presented by PrettyLitter
Part of loving cats is dealing with their poop. If you’re a cat owner, you know what I mean.
Most of us don’t mind the work of cleaning up after a cat (or two or three), because our fur-families mean enough to us to spend ten minutes scooping the kitty litter box. But what if you could still enjoy all the happiness cats bring and only have to change their litter once a month?
And what if the litter weighed like, four pounds instead of 40?
And – as long as we’re dreaming big here – on top of being light and only needing to be changed once a month, what if a litter could also warn you if any of your cats are suffering from urinary tract infections?
This is not just a fantasy you had after sucking down too many onion rings last night during your Netflix binge. It’s real, and its name is PrettyLitter. It’s a new product that includes some sweet customer service: the litter is shipped to your door every month, eliminating any need to drive to and from your local Petco. And the price of that monthly shipping? Nada. Zip. Zero.
PrettyLitter was founded by Daniel Rotman, who sadly lost a beloved pet because of an undetected infection. The painful experience spurred him to research a way to keep closer tabs on our pet’s health – not to mention finding a better way to deal with the job of scooping poop.
As a cat owner, I already know (and fear) my babies getting sick because I know how good they are at hiding it. Since cat UTIs are extremely common, I have to keep a close eye on my animals to make sure they are not showing any symptoms. FLUTD can become fatal fast – which means every second counts.
PrettyLitter solves this problem with an easy-to-read color system. As your cat uses the litter throughout the month, you’ll see shades of yellow if all is well. Dark green or blue litter indicates high alkaline (also known as high pH), which can lead to bladder crystal and stone formation. Orange indicates abnormal acidity (low pH), and red indicates the presence of blood. Each day when you scoop the litter, you’ll have an easy way to see how your cat is doing. PrettyLitter recommends you watch color changes for 24-48 hours. If they persist, it’s time to call the vet.
That would sell me on PrettyLitter alone, but it’s also worth noting that it’s non-clumping. That means no dust, friends. Those of you with allergies that dread changing the litter can look forward to a much better experience overall. And since you only have to replace the litter once a month, you’ll interact with it a lot less anyway. Just scoop the boxes every day, toss the litter, and you’re done.
Each bag of PrettyLitter weighs four pounds and is good for one cat for a month. If you have more than one, you’ll need a bag for each cat, which will run you $21. If you have two, you’re looking at $39, and three will set you back $68 (but you get a 4th bag for free). Best of all, you can get your friends $10 off by referring them to PrettyLitter. Each friend that buys also saves you $10 on your next order.
When you check out, use the code DAILYDOT to get 20% off your first order. Then sit back, relax, and let the trauma of lugging litter fade from your mind.
The Daily Dot receives payment for sponsored content. Interested in promoting your brand or product? Email us at [email protected] to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.