- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
We’ll all be level 50+ by then.
Sorry, trainers. It looks like we’re going to have to stare at our phones like zombies for a little longer. Nintendo announced early Wednesday morning that the Pokémon Go Plus release date, which was originally July 31, is now pushed back to September.
Select pre-orders for the accessory quickly sold out on Amazon and GameStop. If you were one of the lucky few to snag a pre-order, you don’t have to do anything aside from impatiently wait a little longer.
While the Pokémon Go Plus is currently unavailable anywhere, Nintendo does have a product listing on Amazon. You can set a notification to receive an email the moment it’s available. We’re optimistically holding out for a surprise early release, so that Amazon trick could come in handy.
The product has become so popular without even launching, it’s inspired accessories to customize it. The Pokémon Go Plus skins—which are not made by Nintendo, but a third party named PokeWares—were scheduled to come out in August. Those will likely be pushed back as well. The Daily Dot has reached out to PokeWares to confirm.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- 5 best battery-saving chargers for Pokémon Go trainers
- Save 20 percent on pre-orders for ‘Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’
- You can customize your Pokémon Go Plus before you even get one
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Christine Burkson is the Senior Ecommerce Manager of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on product reviews, Amazon deals, and online shopping. She previously served as an editor at Mashable, where she helped build the site's viral news section, and Yahoo, where she focused on DIY culture. Her work has also appeared on Bustle.