- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Today 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live Today 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Today 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Today 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Today 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Today 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Today 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Today 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Today 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Today 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Today 12:18 PM
- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level Today 11:52 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Ravens in NFL preseason action Today 11:26 AM
- How to create your very own Instagram hoax Today 11:15 AM
- ‘Spider-Man’ fans want to ‘storm’ Sony’s office in New York to protest him leaving the MCU Today 11:13 AM
Sorry, trainers. It looks like we’re going to have to stare at our phones like zombies for a little longer. Nintendo announced early Wednesday morning that the Pokémon Go Plus release date, which was originally July 31, is now pushed back to September.
Select pre-orders for the accessory quickly sold out on Amazon and GameStop. If you were one of the lucky few to snag a pre-order, you don’t have to do anything aside from impatiently wait a little longer.
While the Pokémon Go Plus is currently unavailable anywhere, Nintendo does have a product listing on Amazon. You can set a notification to receive an email the moment it’s available. We’re optimistically holding out for a surprise early release, so that Amazon trick could come in handy.
The product has become so popular without even launching, it’s inspired accessories to customize it. The Pokémon Go Plus skins—which are not made by Nintendo, but a third party named PokeWares—were scheduled to come out in August. Those will likely be pushed back as well. The Daily Dot has reached out to PokeWares to confirm.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- 5 best battery-saving chargers for Pokémon Go trainers
- Save 20 percent on pre-orders for ‘Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’
- You can customize your Pokémon Go Plus before you even get one
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Christine Burkson is the Senior Ecommerce Manager of the Daily Dot. Her work focuses on product reviews, Amazon deals, and online shopping. She previously served as an editor at Mashable, where she helped build the site's viral news section, and Yahoo, where she focused on DIY culture. Her work has also appeared on Bustle.