- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Tuesday 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Tuesday 11:29 AM
This pixel heart necklace is the perfect Valentine’s gift for Zelda fans
Luckily, it doesn’t make that horrible beeping noise.
In 1986, those of us lucky enough to be have played The Legend of Zelda on the NES were busy getting the meaning of a pixelated heart container emblazoned into our consciousness for the foreseeable future. Today, that same symbol is the universal sign that says “I’ve been playing games for a long time.”
This necklace set plays on that very heart container, which causes a nostalgic twinge in so many of us. Created by Etsy user Nastalgame, these acrylic necklaces split in half so each of you can wear one. Almost too charming, it’d be a pretty adorable gift to give to someone you like (and maybe even game with) on Valentine’s Day.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- This hardcover Super Famicom book is a gamer’s dream tome
- 5 video games worth buying with your gift cards
- This Space Invaders backpack is almost as cool as your high score
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.