- The shocking similarities between QAnon’s the ‘Storm’ and the far-right’s ‘Second Civil War’ 2 Years Ago
- Healsluts are challenging gaming to make room for queer, kinky self-discovery 2 Years Ago
- Does ‘Avengers: Endgame’ have a post-credits scene? 2 Years Ago
- Sling TV Latino es esencial para quienes están hartos de la televisión por cable Today 5:00 AM
- Daenerys’ passive-aggressive smile is a very relatable meme Tuesday 11:18 PM
- Kentucky food truck repurposes ‘LGBTQ’ to support Trump, BBQ Tuesday 8:47 PM
- Trump complains about his Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey Tuesday 6:34 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest Tuesday 4:48 PM
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Tuesday 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Tuesday 2:49 PM
Prank someone proper this April Fools’ Day with this phantom typing device
Guaranteed to piss someone off.
The hard thing about April Fools’ Day is that so many people see it coming, so it’s hard to pull off a prank without being busted in the process. But if you have something really clever up your sleeve like the Phantom Keystroker, you just might be successful.
This tiny gadget looks like a flash drive and plugs in via USB. Once it’s in, you can tweak the settings to wreck all sorts of havoc on your computer of choice: caps lock blurbs, drifting cursor, lines of code, and more. The blurbs it generates actually sound as if the computer is talking to you, which could make for a really creepy situation for the overworked employee who’s been staring at it for too long.
This item is exclusive to ThinkGeek and retails for $9.99, which is really a small price to pay to troll someone you work with. You still have a few days until Saturday, so get your order in so you can cause ultimate misery, film it, and post it on YouTube.
MORE BAZAAR DEALS:
- These handsome utilitarian watches are $150 off right now
- Gamers should get the Razer collector’s mouse while it’s 40 percent off
- This deceptively slim wallet fits all your pocket essentials
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.